Vote for the best players in Notre Dame History

Message added by Mike,

@Mike wants to celebrate the start of the 2024 Notre Dame Football Season by inviting you to participate in this competition

https://www.domerdomain.com/competition/

Mike Nominated Joe Montana. Tim Brown and Rocket Ishmail

Community Leaders please get your Nominations in ASAP. Directions are given by Mike at the Link. The More nominations we have the more likely members will participate.

Lets get rolling!

• Leprechaun 1

Fun fact about "Rocket" Ismail. He's from Wilkes-Barre, PA, which was about 10 minutes from my hometown. Not many big names came from my stomping grounds. It was Rocket Ismail, Breaking Benjamin, and the show "The Office" was based out of the area. That's about it. 😆

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

If I can get this working with the new software, there's a lot of interesting competitions that could be worth doing, possibly leaving these up indefinitely to see how the votes evolve over time. 

We could have multiple rankings - best Notre Dame teams, best moments, best coaches, etc.

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

1 minute ago, Mike said:

If I can get this working with the new software, there's a lot of interesting competitions that could be worth doing, possibly leaving these up indefinitely to see how the votes evolve over time. 

We could have multiple rankings - best Notre Dame teams, best moments, best coaches, etc.

Good stuff.

This ranking could be what we do the "Come on back" bulk email about this year! Good way to get the family back together!

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Good stuff.

This ranking could be what we do the "Come on back" bulk email about this year! Good way to get the family back together!

I so love this, so thanks for setting it up.

I also think it’s a great idea to use this to help bring people back!

I also voted for Tim Brown.

• Heart 1

Hi Everyone,

My mom begins her first round of chemotherapy for Lymphoma on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. So I came with an idea for the site to help me pass the time. Good news is after many weeks of testing its stage 2 and treatable. DomerDomain and making sure it continues for a long time are high on my priority list just below my family and my non-profit work. 

I apologize to @Mike because I moved this on Saturday and not Monday. 

We need more than 10 nominees so hit ADD ENTRY. No entry is silly. Add a name and a photo of your favorite player.

• Heart 4

12 minutes ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Hi Everyone,

My mom begins her first round of chemotherapy for Lymphoma on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. So I came with an idea for the site to help me pass the time. Good news is after many weeks of testing its stage 2 and treatable. DomerDomain and making sure it continues for a long time are high on my priority list just below my family and my non-profit work. 

We need more than 10 nominees so hit ADD ENTRY. No entry is silly. Add a name and a photo of your favorite player.

I wish your mom all the best, Faith! ❤️

I’m also more than willing to help here, so let me know if you need anything at all!

And thanks for all you do for the site! 🍻 

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Hi Everyone,

Please don't apologize, and thanks for moving it to the main forum.

We're here for anything you need. :green-heart:

• Heart 1

22 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Hi Everyone,

Prayers up Faith!

• Heart 2

I like this idea a lot.

But, I'm not going to download a photo from the internet, or do a screenshot, and I'm not going to post that type of image on a website anywhere.  There are now troll companies (I know, I've been hit twice) in places like Berlin that have bots that scour the internet looking for photos that were posted somewhere without having a license to do so.   Your page requires use of a photo, so I'm out on that.

Having said that, I like:

Ross Browner, DE

Alan Page, D tackle

Kyle Hamilton, safety

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, AnTostal said:

I like this idea a lot.

But, I'm not going to download a photo from the internet, or do a screenshot, and I'm not going to post that type of image on a website anywhere.  There are now troll companies (I know, I've been hit twice) in places like Berlin that have bots that scour the internet looking for photos that were posted somewhere without having a license to do so.   Your page requires use of a photo, so I'm out on that.

Having said that, I like:

Ross Browner, DE

Alan Page, D tackle

Kyle Hamilton, safety

I'd love to get more community events going if there's enough interest, such as pick 'ems, fantasy football, etc. I'm a bit overdue in that dept.

I'm not familiar with the Berlin companies, but it's unfortunate how rampant that kind of stuff is, lately. The application I'm using was made for photo submissions, so I don't have the option to disable the photo requirement, but I can make the submissions on your behalf, or I can create images with text and share them here if you'd like to submit them without photos.

Just let me know, and I'd be happy to help.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I'd love to get more community events going if there's enough interest, such as pick 'ems, fantasy football, etc. I'm a bit overdue in that dept.

I'm not familiar with the Berlin companies, but it's unfortunate how rampant that kind of stuff is, lately. The application I'm using was made for photo submissions, so I don't have the option to disable the photo requirement, but I can make the submissions on your behalf, or I can create images with text and share them here if you'd like to submit them without photos.

Just let me know, and I'd be happy to help.

Here's Ross Browner

Remembering Ross Browner and ultimate college football ...

here's Alan Paige

Alan Page football card (Notre Dame Fighting Irish) 2012 Upper Deck #10  1964-1966 Defensive End at Amazon's Sports Collectibles Store

Kyle Hamilton

NFL Draft: Notre Dame's Kyle Hamilton wants to embarrass his ...

@AnTostal will those images work

@Mike just trying to save you some time.

Sorry for an inconvenience to you both.

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1