ND playing Michigan State in '26 and '27

AnTostal

56 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'll take this all day. I'd rather have some old Big 10 rivals (MSU, Purdue, Northwestern) than more MAC teams. Now, if we can just get a home and home with Oregon, Auburn, etc...

I could not agree more! Might as well see if we can throw Michigan back in there, along with UCLA!

• Heart 1

Big Ten/Midwestern teams are boring…in the way they play and in their colors/uniforms.  Hell, even their traditions suck except Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Michigan…if the NCAA disbanded most of them, I wouldn’t noticed, including the three named here…

Edited by irishwavend

You cannot have an entire schedule without cupcakes from the Group of 5. No team does that, heck, most of the major programs schedule FCS teams regularly. Everyone knows how the ND fanbase felt about that last year.

It's fine to schedule these teams, but you gotta have "MAC-type" teams scattered throughout the schedule.

To me, an ideal schedule is:
- 4 teams that are top 25 programs regularly
- 4 teams that are middle of the road (bottom of the P4 conferences)
- 4 teams that are cupcakes (get right games)

Edited by NDhoosier

23 hours ago, tneun89 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'll take this all day. I'd rather have some old Big 10 rivals (MSU, Purdue, Northwestern) than more MAC teams. Now, if we can just get a home and home with Oregon, Auburn, etc...

Totally agree. MSU seemed to always be one of those teams where there’s been real rivalry in the games too. Little giants play, the ND comeback game, Golden Tate jump into the band

• Leprechaun 1

21 hours ago, irishwavend said:

Big Ten/Midwestern teams are boring…in the way they play and in their colors/uniforms.  Hell, even their traditions suck except Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Michigan…if the NCAA disbanded most of them, I wouldn’t noticed, including the three named here…

we are going to end up in that conference, might as well get used to it 😁

1 hour ago, Rocketsan said:

we are going to end up in that conference, might as well get used to it 😁

F*** no.  If we do, I literally quit.  No getting used to it…I’ll just move on with things that actually affect the world, not 22 guys on a team on a 100 yard piece of land trying to move a leather inflated ball a few yards in either direction….sonds silly when u think about it.  Join the Big DBags and I’m out…

On 6/28/2024 at 8:26 AM, NDhoosier said:

You cannot have an entire schedule without cupcakes from the Group of 5. No team does that, heck, most of the major programs schedule FCS teams regularly. Everyone knows how the ND fanbase felt about that last year.

It's fine to schedule these teams, but you gotta have "MAC-type" teams scattered throughout the schedule.

To me, an ideal schedule is:
- 4 teams that are top 25 programs regularly
- 4 teams that are middle of the road (bottom of the P4 conferences)
- 4 teams that are cupcakes (get right games)

I’m going to have to disagree here.

The reason is Analysts, Sports Media, and just about everyone else already talk tons of crap about Notre Dame’s schedule being weak, while we all know it isn’t. Having this type of schedule would just prove them right/make it worse. For both Notre Dame as an independent, and for CFB!

What I love is I really doubt Notre Dame would ever do this, and I think it has to do with both Bevacqua and Freeman.

46 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

F*** no.  If we do, I literally quit.  No getting used to it…I’ll just move on with things that actually affect the world, not 22 guys on a team on a 100 yard piece of land trying to move a leather inflated ball a few yards in either direction….sonds silly when u think about it.  Join the Big DBags and I’m out…

You Lie Harry Potter GIF by Sky

• Laughing Leprechaun 1