2025 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

1 hour ago, tneun89 said:

Thoughts on Taylor?

Toss up at the moment. I like the Steelers connections. I like the current commits with him. He was really into Coach O'Leary, if he finds a similar connection then he's probably gone. If not, he will be Irish. I think it's probably that simple. ND playing great D this year would go a long way.

Irish Breakdown just dropped a "premium" intel piece this morning, so I cannot give specifics. It was VERY optimistic overall with something positive about pretty much everyone left on the board, including Meadows and Taylor (they haven't been super optimistic about them before this recent news). The only player they did not mention was Hall (my personal opinion, not actually stated by them, is that they believe ND will not push for him). If things keep going the way they are, ND could have a VERY strong finish to this class.

Everyone is waiting to see how Meadows' visit to Alabama goes this weekend. Also, something that happened recently and publicly on X; the Alabama QB commit was recently interviewed. In it, he was asked what WR targets he was trying to recruit to Bama; he named 5 elite WRs still on the board, Meadows was not one of them. It appears Meadows noticed the omission.

So far, it seems ND has won this Official Visit period overall.

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Heart 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Leprechaun 2

Is Madden really a OLB though? Seems purely interior to me, same as KVA. I am sure they could play the position well, but MIKE is probably their best position.

NOB is the ideal OLB

• Heart 1

NV WR Derek Meadows: I think this one may have gone more NDs way, announcing in September

TX WR Tanook Hines: Announcing July 10 now, I still believe it will be ND

CA WR Dylan Robinson: Still sounds like UCLA or ND. And still boils down to playing WR or DB, announcement date will be coming. Washington could be a sleeper pick here

IN WR JonAnthony Hall: Still unclear on NDs pursuit vs. his interest, regardless seems like trending away

CA LB Madden Faraimo: Texas made this close but I like ND to win this. ND needs to close

FL LB Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng: I want the dust to settle more here, I think schools closed some, but I would still go ND right now

NC S Jadon Blair: No change here. I think he picks ND on July 5

I like Ivan Taylor at ND still as well. 

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1
  • Trophy 1
  • Leprechaun 1

28 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

NV WR Derek Meadows: I think this one may have gone more NDs way, announcing in September

TX WR Tanook Hines: Announcing July 10 now, I still believe it will be ND

CA WR Dylan Robinson: Still sounds like UCLA or ND. And still boils down to playing WR or DB, announcement date will be coming. Washington could be a sleeper pick here

IN WR JonAnthony Hall: Still unclear on NDs pursuit vs. his interest, regardless seems like trending away

CA LB Madden Faraimo: Texas made this close but I like ND to win this. ND needs to close

FL LB Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng: I want the dust to settle more here, I think schools closed some, but I would still go ND right now

NC S Jadon Blair: No change here. I think he picks ND on July 5

I like Ivan Taylor at ND still as well. 

I agree with everything here.

IB is still very confident in Faraimo even after the Texas visit.

There is some talk that Washington may be more of a threat for Robinson than UCLA, but they believe he is leaning ND. But honestly, I feel like this one is the hardest to get a read on.

No updates on Meadows yet from what I have seen.

No official update on NOB, but they are acting like nothing has changed.

Hines pushing his announcement back 5 days is a really good sign in my opinion. Otherwise, he and Blair would be announcing on the same day... for the same school 👀

Edited by NDhoosier

Obviously recruits gush about their officials most of the time, but Michigan insiders think they made a huge move with NOB over the weekend. It sounds like an ND-UM battle, with maybe OSU and USC involved. I think he is still ND's to lose, but it sounds like UM made a major move.

Not too concerned about Michigan insiders, they are truly some of the worst in the business (EJ Holland especially). Their goal is to rile up their fanbase to garner clicks, this has been proven over and over again. NOB liked his visit, but it does not seem to have changed much in the grand scheme of things. It's not a "done deal" by any means, but there is still quite a bit of confidence he lands at ND.

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Not too concerned about Michigan insiders, they are truly some of the worst in the business (EJ Holland especially). Their goal is to rile up their fanbase to garner clicks, this has been proven over and over again. NOB liked his visit, but it does not seem to have changed much in the grand scheme of things. It's not a "done deal" by any means, but there is still quite a bit of confidence he lands at ND.

Gotcha. I did just see this article about EJ Holland. Sounds like his butt hurts. 

https://slapthesign.com/posts/disgruntled-michigan-writer-weirdly-drags-notre-dame-fighting-irish-commits-01j13qbc76h7