2025 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

6 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Meadows' decision will be interesting and I do think it comes down to the wire. However, it does seem like his family is not as high on ND as the SEC schools. I think it is 50/50 right now, but Alabama still has their official in a couple of weeks.

I tend to agree with you. The more I read these articles I am not confident that he comes to ND. 

Posted (edited)

Where do things stand? NDs OVs are complete for this spring/summer (barring a surprise). There is one more week of OVs for a lot of players involved with ND, but as now this seems to be where things stand. Side note: ND is going to continue to hear Ole Miss buzz for Deuce Knight, whether pushed by the Ole Miss staff or generating buzz from/for the recruiting industry. I would watch his actions and so far it is all ND and you could not ask for more. Ivan Taylor is a wildcard. He really connect with Coach O'Leary and now he is trying to figure out if he is still good 100% with ND vs. other schools. He is supposed to visit Michigan and Florida shortly. If things linger beyond that I think its an issue, but I would bet its a longer haul for him now than expected. 

NV WR Derek Meadows: High, will announce around September, repeatedly states development is key for him. I think this gives Kalen Deboer and Alabama a nice way in given the WRs they developed last year. ND was the first one on him and a long time ago. I could see it going either way.

TX WR Tanook Hines: High, planning to announce this summer after visits, ND is high on his list, probably top two

CA WR Dylan Robinson: High, planning to announce this summer after visits, ND is high on his list, probably top two

IN WR JonAnthony Hall: High, planning to announce this summer after visits, not completely sure how hard ND is pushing right now

CA LB Madden Faraimo: High, plans to announce this summer after visits, lets see if he takes his Texas OV this weekend, ND is in a great spot

FL LB Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng: High, he has told other schools his announcement date is likely this summer now, which should bode very well for ND as of today

NC S Jadon Blair: High, announces July 5, I think ND has regained the lead and solidly as of today

NJ S Jahmir Joseph: Moderate, this is a hard read and may be complicated by Ivan Taylor, PSU is in good position to win this it appears

June 18-20 (OV)

NV WR Derek Meadows [LSU]

NC S Jadon Blair [FSU]

June 21-23 (OV)

NV WR Derek Meadows [Alabama]

CA WR Dylan Robinson [UCLA]

TX WR Tanook Hines [Baylor]

IN WR JonAnthony Hall [Indiana]

CA LB Madden Faraimo [Texas]

FL LB Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng [Michigan]

NC S Jadon Blair [PSU]

NJ S Jahmir Joseph [South Carolina]

Edited by Big23Head
  • Heart 2

By now, if Ivan Taylor still has questions, after his official visit and likely tons of calls, texts, etc. with the staff, I don't think he's sticking with us.  Agree with the thoughts on Deuce and his actions.  Every time you hear from him, he's wearing ND gear and pressing hard on uncommitted targets, so we'll see if there are other actions late in the process that change.

35 minutes ago, D Fence said:

By now, if Ivan Taylor still has questions, after his official visit and likely tons of calls, texts, etc. with the staff, I don't think he's sticking with us.  Agree with the thoughts on Deuce and his actions.  Every time you hear from him, he's wearing ND gear and pressing hard on uncommitted targets, so we'll see if there are other actions late in the process that change.

I just find it comical that he commits to ND. Then he takes his visits to make see if he wants to be at ND. Almost like a promise ring. Yeah maybe you end up getting married but the reality is your stringing along the relationship until you find someone better. Promise ring and dating other people usually doesn't work out well. I hope we keep him but it doesn't look so good!

13 hours ago, GRIMREAPER1270 said:

I just find it comical that he commits to ND. Then he takes his visits to make see if he wants to be at ND. Almost like a promise ring. Yeah maybe you end up getting married but the reality is your stringing along the relationship until you find someone better. Promise ring and dating other people usually doesn't work out well. I hope we keep him but it doesn't look so good!

I believe that Ivan Taylor committed on Dec 1, 2023 before O'Leary left for the Chargers in February. New position coach does shuffle the deck somewhat... 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

And Deuce was standing.

Considering Black measured in over 6’7 and 280#, ND got some serious size and athleticism at tackle this year. 

If I had to give a percentage for each of the remaining targets committing to ND:

Meadows: 50% (Alabama is the main competitor)
Hines: 60% (I think ND leads, Texas is the main competitor)
Robinson 90% (UCLA is the other school)
Hall: 80% (However, ND may not push for him, especially if they land the top 3)

Faraimo: 90% (ND knocked it out of the park for him, not sure who the 2nd school would be)
NOB: 60% (ND definitely leads, he almost moved his timeline up after the ND visit, but this is one that ND will need to continue to work on and close)

Blair: 90% (Penn State is the main competitor)
Taylor: 50% (I think this could be similar to a Stephon Tuitt situation, he committed too soon, but I still think he could stick with ND after experiencing the recruiting process)

I think the best possible ending (that is realistic) would be landing everyone but Hall. I think Hall is a great player, but there may not be a spot for him and they may not take a 5th WR if it isn't Meadows.

• Heart 3

On 6/18/2024 at 8:41 PM, NDhoosier said:

If I had to give a percentage for each of the remaining targets committing to ND:

Meadows: 50% (Alabama is the main competitor)
Hines: 60% (I think ND leads, Texas is the main competitor)
Robinson 90% (UCLA is the other school)
Hall: 80% (However, ND may not push for him, especially if they land the top 3)

Faraimo: 90% (ND knocked it out of the park for him, not sure who the 2nd school would be)
NOB: 60% (ND definitely leads, he almost moved his timeline up after the ND visit, but this is one that ND will need to continue to work on and close)

Blair: 90% (Penn State is the main competitor)
Taylor: 50% (I think this could be similar to a Stephon Tuitt situation, he committed too soon, but I still think he could stick with ND after experiencing the recruiting process)

I think the best possible ending (that is realistic) would be landing everyone but Hall. I think Hall is a great player, but there may not be a spot for him and they may not take a 5th WR if it isn't Meadows.

I think these are all pretty spot on. My only two minor changes would be Robinson (I think he stays out West) and NOB (I think he is like 90% Irish).

I think ND lands: Hines, Hall, Faraimo, NOB, Blair, and keeps Taylor (of the group, this is the one I'm least confident in).

I want to put Meadows in that group, but I get the feeling that he might be trending towards the SEC. I wouldn't be shocked if he chose ND, but I'm not expecting it either. 

If ND lands these guys (and keeps Taylor), they finish with 282.50 on 247, which would have ranked 7th (2024), 8th (2023), and 6th (2022). 

Add Meadows, and it's 287.43, which would have been 6th, 7th, 6th.

• Leprechaun 2

NV WR Derek Meadows: Feels like ND or Bama here, I agree its a 50/50 type feeling, announcing in September

TX WR Tanook Hines: Announcing July 5, I believe it will be ND

CA WR Dylan Robinson: Likely UCLA or ND. Also, does he want to play WR or DB, that may make his choice for him. I'm 50/50, announcement anytime after the UCLA visit

IN WR JonAnthony Hall: This one is unclear to me if ND is pushing, I think they can land him if they do

CA LB Madden Faraimo: I think he will commit to ND, working on setting an announcement date

FL LB Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng: I still like ND here, time to close

NC S Jadon Blair: I think he picks ND on July 5

• Heart 2
  • Leprechaun 1

4 hours ago, Big23Head said:

NV WR Derek Meadows: Feels like ND or Bama here, I agree its a 50/50 type feeling, announcing in September

TX WR Tanook Hines: Announcing July 5, I believe it will be ND

CA WR Dylan Robinson: Likely UCLA or ND. Also, does he want to play WR or DB, that may make his choice for him. I'm 50/50, announcement anytime after the UCLA visit

IN WR JonAnthony Hall: This one is unclear to me if ND is pushing, I think they can land him if they do

CA LB Madden Faraimo: I think he will commit to ND, working on setting an announcement date

FL LB Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng: I still like ND here, time to close

NC S Jadon Blair: I think he picks ND on July 5

Thoughts on Taylor?