Updated 2023 Rivals 250

tneun89

ND Commits

Brenan Vernon (SDE): 4-star, #16 overall (down 8 spots)

Keon Keeley (WDE): 4-star, #28 overall (up 78 spots)

Drayk Bowen (OLB): 4-star, #34 overall (down 12 spots)

Adon Shuler (S): 4-star, #200 overall (up 12 spots)

Sedrick Irvin (RB): 4-star, #228 overall (down 147 spots)

Huge jump from Keeley (which has been consistent across all recruiting sites). He will be a consensus 5-star, and ND keeping Freeman and Elston likely keeps him in the class. He has been blowing up with offers lately (OSU, UGA, among others), but he is probably solid to ND with the Freeman news. Cooper Flanagan is the only commit not in the Top 250 (he is ranked #174 on the 247 Composite, so Rivals is lower on him than other sites). Irvin took a huge drop, but he dropped significantly on 247 as well. Some questions about his top end speed. 

ND has three players in the Top 50. You would have to go back to 2013 to see the last class with three Top 50 commits on Rivals (the 2013 class had four Top 50, but one was Eddie Vanderdoes who ended up going to UCLA). In the last five classes, ND had the following Top 50 players: two in 2022 (C.J. Williams and Jaylen Sneed), one in 2021 (Blake Fisher), two in 2020 (Jordan Johnson and Michael Mayer), zero in 2019, and one in 2018 (Houston Griffith). This is why I love the Marcus Freeman hire. I think ND will be solidly in the Top 10 in recruiting rankings every year and likely Top 5 in some years. Freeman is that good of a recruiter.

• Heart 1

ND Targets

Sonny Styles (ATH): 5-star, #2 overall (OSU Commit)

Kadyn Proctor (OT): 5-star, #7 overall

Samuel M'Pemba (ATH): 5-star, #10 overall

Dante Moore (QB): 4-star, #14 overall

Carnell Tate (WR): 4-star, #15 overall

Justice Haynes (RB): 4-star, #17 overall

Caleb Downs (S): 4-star, #25 overall

Chase Bisontis (OG): 4-star, #41 overall

Jason Moore (SDE): 4-star, #42 overall

Ryan Yaites (CB): 4-star, #49 overall

Justyn Rhett (CB): 4-star, #51 overall

Jalen Brown (WR): 4-star, #67 overall

Peyton Bowen (S): 4-star, #78 overall

Luke Montgomery (OT): 4-star, #84 overall

Ta'Mere Robinson (OLB): 4-star, #135 overall

Christopher Vizzina (QB): 4-star, #139 overall

Kaden Feagin (ATH): 4-star, #157 overall

Christian Gray (CB): 4-star, #170 overall

Jackson Arnold (QB): 4-star, #171 overall

Malik Elzy (WR): 4-star, #193 overall

Micah Tease (ATH): 4-star, #211 overall

ND has a bunch of targets in the Top 250, but more so in the Top 100, which is much needed to take the next step. ND already has a solid start to the class with three Top 50 commits (all on defense). I think Styles in solid to OSU, but putting him on here because I think Freeman can have that much of an impact. ND will continue to recruit him, and I would think Freeman being named Head Coach would impact Styles - not saying he will flip eventually, but I think ND is still in it. Proctor has a top group of ND, OSU, and Iowa - like his 2022 teammate Xavier Nwankpa. I have no idea where Proctor is leaning, but Iowa would be my guess for now. I think M'Pemba has a top two of Mizzou and ND (nothing official), but it seems like he could commit sooner than later. ND can win that one. I have a hard time seeing Dante Moore end up anywhere other than Michigan, but he is at the top of the board for ND and they are in it. I would have guessed OSU for Tate up until recently. He is really close with Tommy Rees, and I think Tommy staying on as OC is huge. I think this is a complete toss up for now, but if I had to choose, I would go with OSU - with Brian Hartline, OSU is going to get their top of the board WRs, but hopefully ND can pull this one out. Haynes will be a tough pull from Georgia - not sure I see ND winning that. I think Jason Moore could wind up at ND. ND does not recruit DeMatha (D.C.) well, even though they should have more of a presence there. I think Moore could wind up at ND, but he doesn't even have a top group yet. Ryan Yaites and Peyton Bowen go to the same high school in Texas. I don't think they are a packaged deal, but I think ND is the leader or co-leader for both right now. I like ND to land Justin Rhett from Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas (former ND player Nicco Fertitta is a coach there, and that helps). Luke Montgomery is down to OSU and ND pretty much. If he wants to play DL, he will pick ND. If he wants OL, he will go to OSU. HIs brother is a top QB in the 2025 class, FYI. Christopher Vizzina is a recent offer at QB. Jackson Arnold is another QB offer. I think after Dante Moore, ND would take either of these guys. Avery Johnson is lower on the board but really likes ND. I think ND can land Kaden Feagin if they push for him. Christian Gray just visited ND for the Georgia Tech game. He goes to DeSmet Jesuit in St. Louis which has produced some high-end recruits recently - I can see ND winning that one. Malik Eazy will wind up at ND if they want him - he reminds me of Miles Boykin. Micah Tease goes to Booker T. Washington in Tulsa - not sure ND has ever landed a player from there, but he seems genuinely interested in ND. Lot of targets not mentions and there will be a ton of movement in terms of rankings over the next year, but ND is off to a great start. 

• Heart 2