'22 CA WR CJ Williams

10 hours ago, Pregame said:

Freeman needs to start working on his SC game plan against CJ Williams and a bunch of other top 100 receivers, as long as SC has Lincoln Riley they will have the best WR corps in college football. 

Passing game hasn't been a problem for SC since forever. Agreed that getting Williams is important for ND but they'll continue to have a load of talented receivers out there (and QB's to sling it to them), no matter how many top 100 WR's we pull in annually).

ND coaches - BK, Rees, Del, Polian - go in-home with him this week (Wednesday, I believe). They need to crush it. He was already looking around (USC, UCLA) before the Lincoln Riley news. The offer seems to intrigue him based on his tweets and quotes. The one thing going for ND is that OU did not offer him a scholarship, and Riley is bringing the WR Coach with him to USC. That's got to bug CJ some, but not sure it will matter in the end if they extend an offer now, as he seemed looking for an excuse to stay in So Cal.

• Heart 1

Will be interesting.

If Williams were really such a Riley fan, he could have committed to OU.

He may be a big USC fan, and Riley going there may put a more lustrous shine on that program to him.  But, I'm not sure he's a 'sure thing' flip.  We'll certainly know more soon.  

On 11/29/2021 at 6:55 PM, AnTostal said:

Will be interesting.

He may be a big USC fan, and Riley going there may put a more lustrous shine on that program to him.  But, I'm not sure he's a 'sure thing' flip.  We'll certainly know more soon.  

Del alexander sucked.  Hopefully they can get a strong receiver coach and work on keeping Williams in the meantime.  

On 11/29/2021 at 4:55 PM, AnTostal said:

Will be interesting.

Did he just post an under armor jersey with ND with his parents dressed in ND attire. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ObieKnobbe said:

Hope he goes to FUSC so our d can shut him down for the next 3 or 4 years.  Lincoln Riley is a fluke and we are going to continue to own them.  

Oh, he’ll get his. But we will kick their ass because Riley’s teams are so soft. If the Iowa State’s of the world can hang and beat his teams then I’m pretty sure ND will have success. 

• Heart 2

10 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

damnit.... He was my favorite of the WRs. I am sure he will ball at USC.

Tobias and Walker both have more upside in my opinion. Watching tape on all three Tobias has the best size and body control and Walker the best overall speed. If we keep Walker🤞I don’t think we will miss Williams at all unless depth is an issue.