2022 LB Class

jbrown_9999

14 hours ago, Big23Head said:

I agree with the Stanford route but Stanford has actually had better QBs ranking wise compared to ND. Andrew Luck kicked that off. Starting with Luck Stanford has had four high level 4*, one 5*, and multiple low to mid 4* QBs. ND needs to hit one of those higher level guys like Buchner but more often. Talent attracts talent. 

Andrew Luck is the kind of kid that ND needs. Gotta hit a generational Talent at QB soon. Kids don't relate to Joe Montana any more.

10 hours ago, golson5 said:

For the umptienth time, Kellys classes are always top 15 in terms of player rankings.  Usually top 12.  His classes are usually underrated because the staff is really good at identifying guys that haven't hit their ceilings.  Unlike Weis.

If you like classes that don't have quality or depth on the lines of scrimmage, good for you.  I don't.  I understand football.  If you don't recruit the lines well, you have no chance at all.  Weis didnt, Kelly does. 

The results show the difference. Kellys classes are well above Weis. It's not close and his classes are getting better.   

Stop complaining and maybe enjoy what he's built and building.  Try being you know, an ND fan 

Top 15 from average ranking is still just Top 15. Even Top 12 is not Top 10 and not Top 5.

Why is Kelly finally recruiting better now? Why did he "wander in the desert" from 2014 until the 2021 class? It is amazing what changing your target from Top 15 to Top 5 will do. My point is that Kelly should have never settled for being happy with Top 15 recruiting classes. He should have been aiming for Top 5 for each of the past 11-12 years.

Again, maybe Kelly 3.0 is now a Top 5 recruiter. Maybe its all Freeman inspired. In any case, I am happy to see 2022 recruiting finally appear competitive with the other CFP teams.

On 7/15/2021 at 1:35 PM, FaithInIrishForever said:

Andrew Luck is the kind of kid that ND needs. Gotta hit a generational Talent at QB soon. Kids don't relate to Joe Montana any more.

I would even take a Sam Howell or Matt Corral type to start. I guess that would be Buchner but with his injury and COIVD, Buchner's playing time has been compromised. 

4 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

I would even take a Sam Howell or Matt Corral type to start. I guess that would be Buchner but with his injury and COIVD, Buchner's playing time has been compromised. 

And Jimmy Clausen though highly regarded just didn't resonate with kids. Attracted Crist who didn't really attract the next one post coaching change.

4 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Top 15 from average ranking is still just Top 15. Even Top 12 is not Top 10 and not Top 5.

Why is Kelly finally recruiting better now? Why did he "wander in the desert" from 2014 until the 2021 class? It is amazing what changing your target from Top 15 to Top 5 will do. My point is that Kelly should have never settled for being happy with Top 15 recruiting classes. He should have been aiming for Top 5 for each of the past 11-12 years.

Again, maybe Kelly 3.0 is now a Top 5 recruiter. Maybe its all Freeman inspired. In any case, I am happy to see 2022 recruiting finally appear competitive with the other CFP teams.

This class wont be top 5. Most likely 6 thru 10.  Its another very good class 

3 hours ago, golson5 said:

This class wont be top 5. Most likely 6 thru 10.  Its another very good class 

I would rather the staff be disappointed with finishing #7 because they wanted Top 5 than happy about finishing #9 because they aimed for Top 15.

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

I would rather the staff be disappointed with finishing #7 because they wanted Top 5 than happy about finishing #9 because they aimed for Top 15.

Who cares how they feel?  At the end of the day, its who you get. We've had very good classes and this class will be another. Hopefully a little better but more important is how they perform at ND. 

10 hours ago, golson5 said:

Who cares how they feel?  At the end of the day, its who you get. We've had very good classes and this class will be another. Hopefully a little better but more important is how they perform at ND. 

I do. Yes at the end of the day it’s who you get. And I don’t really care what the recruiting services say. All I care about is how our coaches feel about the guys they recruited. Which we’ll never know how they truly feel.

9 hours ago, ND_JACK said:

I do. Yes at the end of the day it’s who you get. And I don’t really care what the recruiting services say. All I care about is how our coaches feel about the guys they recruited. Which we’ll never know how they truly feel.

So you have no clue how they felt before or currently. 

So at the end of the day, all that matters is who we land

Edited by golson5

23 hours ago, golson5 said:

Top 15 expectations & effort by coaches = Top 15 recruiting classes = "very good football"

Top 5 expectations & effort by coaches = Top 5 recruiting classes = "excellent football"

Notre Dame where "very good" football is played... 

• 2 weeks later...