‘22 SC LB Jaylen Sneed is Irish

Big23Head

247 Composite: 4-star, #70 overall, #8 LB

247: 4-star, #97 overall, #10 LB

Rivals: 4-star, #46 overall, #5 OLB

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Cincinnati, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas State, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, USC, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, West Virginia

FWIW: I expect him to be named a 5-star on Rivals when they update their rankings at the end of the summer. Not sure about 247. But I know the Rivals guys have raved about him since he won LB MVP at the Rivals 5-star challenge, and they have discussed him as potentially the #1 LB in the 2022 class.

11 hours ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

with this cycle you can see that Freeman likes 3 down looks. He just recruited I believe 4 very good backers.  @Big23Headcould you see him playing some  3-4-3 3-3-5, 3-5-3, I could.

I would like some 3-5-3 looks. Some linebackers are safeties and vice verca. Very interchangeable these days. ND is also in very good shape with its linebacker core. Not so much on the back end. Makes sense to me. 

This is a huge get. Our luck with Jaylon/Jaylen continues…

Imagine on some downs we could have Junior at Mike, Kollie at Will and Sneed at Rover, with Burnham and Zeigler coming off the edge.

Shoot, we'd have to swap people in as we'd also have Foskey, Botello, Ford and Gobiara on the edge.

1 hour ago, D Fence said:

Imagine on some downs we could have Junior at Mike, Kollie at Will and Sneed at Rover, with Burnham and Zeigler coming off the edge.

Shoot, we'd have to swap people in as we'd also have Foskey, Botello, Ford and Gobiara on the edge.

Finally feeling like a Bama style defense to some degree. I would be like Rex Ryan with that D. Tell those boys to get after it every down and let loose. Don’t take a play off because we have another equally talented guy ready to come in and replace you for a series. 

6 hours ago, coltssb said:

I would like some 3-5-3 looks. Some linebackers are safeties and vice verca. Very interchangeable these days. ND is also in very good shape with its linebacker core. Not so much on the back end. Makes sense to me. 

This is a huge get. Our luck with Jaylon/Jaylen continues…

This is defenses response to how offense changed the FB to a 2nd TE. Similar to basketball where 3's now guard 1,2,3's on switches. Outside Linebackers have evolved be ideally suited to cover tight end or slot receivers. The defenses is saying, Hey run the ball I'll give you 5 yards BUT If I catch you in the backfield one time in the drive your odds of scoring decrease. P.S. Good luck with those 15 5 yard plays. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...