Updated 2022 Rivals 250

tneun89

ND Commits

Tyson Ford (SDE): #91 overall (fell 21 spots)

Josh Burnham (LB): #140 overall (up 1 spot)

Joey Tanona (OG): #187 (up 14 spots)

TY Chan (OT): #191 overall (up 18 spots)

Jadarian Price (RB): #237 (down 7 spots)

Aiden Gobaira (SDE): #249 (new to Top 250)

ND Targets

Zach Rice (OT): #19 overall

CJ Williams (WR): #29 overall

Xavier Nwankpa (S): #35 overall

Jaylen Sneed (LB): #46 overall

Gavin Sawchuk (RB): #52 overall

Joe Brunner (OT): #63 overall

Andre Greene (WR): #85 overall

Carson Hinzman (OC): #88 overall

Cyrus Moss (WDE): #89 overall

Sebastian Cheeks (LB): #105 overall

Billy Schrauth (OG): #177 overall

Nicholas Singleton (RB): #124 overall

Niuafe Tuihalamaka (LB): #144 overall

Anthony Lucas (DT): #149 overall

Tobias Merriweather (WR): #156 overall

Dallan Hayden (RB): #170 overall

Nikai Martinez (CB): #197 overall

Sherrod Covil (S): #233 overall

ND currently has 6 commits in the Rivals 250. I think ND will land: Williams, Sneed, Schrauth, and Tuihalamaka, which would give them 10 commits in the Rivals 250 (for comparison, ND had 8 commits in the Rivals 250 in 2021 and 9 in 2020). I think ND could land: Nwankpa, Sawchuk or Singleton, Moss, Lucas, Merriweather, and Covil, although ND doesn't lead for any of those guys right now. 

I also think one or two of Ziegler, Mickey, and Staes could eventually land in the Rivals 250 with strong senior seasons - those three guys are on the cusp (same 5.8 rating as Tanona, Chan, Price, and Gobaira).

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, tneun89 said:

ND Commits

Tyson Ford (SDE): #91 overall (fell 21 spots)

Josh Burnham (LB): #140 overall (up 1 spot)

Joey Tanona (OG): #187 (up 14 spots)

TY Chan (OT): #191 overall (up 18 spots)

Jadarian Price (RB): #237 (down 7 spots)

Aiden Gobaira (SDE): #249 (new to Top 250)

ND Targets

Zach Rice (OT): #19 overall

CJ Williams (WR): #29 overall

Xavier Nwankpa (S): #35 overall

Jaylen Sneed (LB): #46 overall

Gavin Sawchuk (RB): #52 overall

Joe Brunner (OT): #63 overall

Andre Greene (WR): #85 overall

Carson Hinzman (OC): #88 overall

Cyrus Moss (WDE): #89 overall

Sebastian Cheeks (LB): #105 overall

Billy Schrauth (OG): #177 overall

Nicholas Singleton (RB): #124 overall

Niuafe Tuihalamaka (LB): #144 overall

Anthony Lucas (DT): #149 overall

Tobias Merriweather (WR): #156 overall

Dallan Hayden (RB): #170 overall

Nikai Martinez (CB): #197 overall

Sherrod Covil (S): #233 overall

ND currently has 6 commits in the Rivals 250. I think ND will land: Williams, Sneed, Schrauth, and Tuihalamaka, which would give them 10 commits in the Rivals 250 (for comparison, ND had 8 commits in the Rivals 250 in 2021 and 9 in 2020). I think ND could land: Nwankpa, Sawchuk or Singleton, Moss, Lucas, Merriweather, and Covil, although ND doesn't lead for any of those guys right now. 

I also think one or two of Ziegler, Mickey, and Staes could eventually land in the Rivals 250 with strong senior seasons - those three guys are on the cusp (same 5.8 rating as Tanona, Chan, Price, and Gobaira).

We're the favorite for Hinzman as well.  That would put us at 11 in the 250

12 minutes ago, golson5 said:

We're the favorite for Hinzman as well.  That would put us at 11 in the 250

I wouldn't be completely shocked if he picked ND, but I think Wisconsin is in the driver's seat.

• 2 months later...

Updated Today...

ND Commits

Jaylen Sneed (OLB): 4-star, #31 overall (up 14 spots)

C.J. Williams (WR): 4-star, #45 overall (down 17 spots)

Tyson Ford (SDE): 4-star, #104 overall (down 14 spots)

Ty Chan (OT): 4-star, #114 overall (up 75 spots)

Joshua Burnham (ILB): 4-star, #156 overall (down 17 spots)

Niuafe Tuihalamaka (ILB): 4-star, #159 overall (down 16 spots)

Tobias Merriweather (WR): 4-star, #161 overall (down 7 spots)

Joey Tanona (OG): 4-star, #186 overall (down 1 spot)

Jadarian Price (RB): 4-star, #240 overall (down 5 spots)

ND Targets

Xavier Nwankpa (S): 5-star, #14 overall (up 20 spots)

Zach Rice (OT): 5-star, #19 overall (down 1 spot)

Anthony Lucas (SDE): 4-star, #80 overall (up 67 spots)

Hero Kanu (DT): 4-star, #87 overall (down 8 spots)

Cyrus Moss (WDE): 4-star, #89 overall (down 1 spot)

Billy Schrauth (OG): 4-star, #126 overall (down 10 spots)

Aamil Wagner (OT): 4-star, #203 overall (down 9 spots)

Lots of movement in this latest update, which will be the last one until around December (I think they update it twice more - once after the high school season and then again right after the All American games / right before NSD). Obviously, Sneed is one to watch as he is in the 5-star range (Rivals always has 32 5-stars). Tyson Ford keeps falling for some reason - he was a Top 50 recruit at one point. Ty Chan is one to watch to break into the Top 100. Not sure what's going on with Burnham and Merriweather - I think both of those guys should be Top 100. No real complaints about any of the other commits, although I think Aiden Gobaira, Jaden Mickey, Holden Staes, and Devin Moore should all be Top 250 - Gobaira dropped out in this latest update.

As for the targets - lot of big names out there. IMO, ND has a chance to land Nwankpa, Kanu, and Wagner. I don't see ND landing any of the others: Rice (UNC), Lucas (Texas A&M or Alabama), Moss (Oregon), Schrauth (Wisconsin). OSU has been the leader for Nwankpa for a while, but ND is definitely in it and may even be a co-leader. ND was late to the game with Kanu, but he seems like a perfect fit - he loved his time on campus and is friends with Alexander Ehrensberger. OSU is the main threat here (again). ND is at or near the top for Wagner, but - for whatever reason - my confidence is not super high that he ends up at ND. Just a gut feeling, no real reason behind it. OSU (again) is a threat (if he is a take), and Kentucky is one to watch as well (family connections).

Thanks tneun- yes, except for Schrauth who could decide at any time, and who knows who he will pick, it seems that we have to get these other guys on campus for a game.

From that group, our best shots for a full visit are Nwampka and Kanu.  For Lucas and maybe the others, it might have to come down to an in-home visit.

It will certainly be interesting to see if any other names pop up on a visitor list in the fall, maybe Judkins, Bradshaw or another new name.

It wouldn't be surprising to see new names committed elsewhere visit if they want to look around and be sure.  No idea who that would be, but with the restrictions on visits this year, this could happen.

9 minutes ago, D Fence said:

Thanks tneun- yes, except for Schrauth who could decide at any time, and who knows who he will pick, it seems that we have to get these other guys on campus for a game.

From that group, our best shots for a full visit are Nwampka and Kanu.  For Lucas and maybe the others, it might have to come down to an in-home visit.

It will certainly be interesting to see if any other names pop up on a visitor list in the fall, maybe Judkins, Bradshaw or another new name.

It wouldn't be surprising to see new names committed elsewhere visit if they want to look around and be sure.  No idea who that would be, but with the restrictions on visits this year, this could happen.

Get one of those 5 stars and one more four star from that group and you’ll never hear me complain about recruiting. This is the best ND can do. Not top 12 classes and 25 percent of the top 100 but top 5 classes which this will be. Great job!

11 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Get one of those 5 stars and one more four star from that group and you’ll never hear me complain about recruiting. This is the best ND can do. Not top 12 classes and 25 percent of the top 100 but top 5 classes which this will be. Great job!

That wouldn't be a top 5 class

1 hour ago, golson5 said:

That wouldn't be a top 5 class

Well it would be damn near close. Aren’t they number 2 right now on 247 in terms of percentage points?  Or did I look at that wrong?  Adding another 5 star and one more four star I’m sure would keep it the same if not raise it a tick. 
LSU, Georgia and Tx AM would have to go on a tear to jump them. Again, if I’m reading e percentages correctly according to 247. 

Offensive Position Rankings

Steve Angeli (QB): 3-star, #18 Pro-QB

Jadarian Price (RB): 4-star, #5 APB

C.J. Williams (WR): 4-star, #6 WR

Tobias Merriweather (WR): 4-star, #19 WR

Holden Staes (TE): 4-star, #15 TE

Eli Rairdon (TE): 3-star, #21 TE

Ty Chan (OT): 4-star, #11 OT

Ashton Craig (OT): 3-star, #63 OT

Joey Tanona (OG): 4-star, #8 OG

*Amorion Walker is listed as an athlete 

Edited by tneun89

Defensive Position Rankings

Aiden Gobaira (WDE): 4-star, #14 WDE

Tyson Ford (WDE): 4-star, #9 SDE

Donovan Hinish (DT): 3-star, #42 DT

Jaylen Sneed (OLB): 4-star, #3 OLB

Joshua Burnham (ILB): 4-star, #5 ILB

Niuafe Tuihalamaka (ILB): 4-star, #6 ILB

Devin Moore (CB): 4-star, #28 CB

Benjamin Morrison (CB): 4-star, #29 CB

Jaden Mickey (CB): 4-star, #37 CB

Jayden Bellamy (CB): 3-star, #54 CB

Nolan Ziegler (ATH): 4-star, #21 ATH

Amorion Walker (ATH): 3-star, #50 ATH

Based on the position rankings, Gobaira and Moore are on the cusp of Top 250 status, as both players at WDE and CB ranked one spot ahead of them are in the Top 250. Morrison is obviously right there as well since he is one spot behind Moore.

• Leprechaun 1