2019 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

Are we gonna land some 5 stars in this class? 2018 was a good but I felt we left a lot of meat on the bone. There were a lot of top players that were ND type of student athletes playing in regions that we recruit well. Can't get em all and i'm not complaining about the class. I did think our oline group could've been elite but it never materialized.

It's probably too soon to get too worked up but this 2019 class don't seem to have the potential for a "great" class the way 2018 did. That's me observing from my couch of course. How do we not get a 5 star ranked running back?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we gonna land some 5 stars in this class? 2018 was a good but I felt we left a lot of meat on the bone. There were a lot of top players that were ND type of student athletes playing in regions that we recruit well. Can't get em all and i'm not complaining about the class. I did think our oline group could've been elite but it never materialized.

It's probably too soon to get too worked up but this 2019 class don't seem to have the potential for a "great" class the way 2018 did. That's me observing from my couch of course. How do we not get a 5 star ranked running back?

5 stars don't want to play school. Why would they?

ND could still finish with one 5-Star in 2018, Petit-Frere.

As for 2019, the best bets at a 5-Star caliber player are Zach Harrison, Brian Williams, Bru McCoy, Hudson Henry, Lewis Cine, Brandon Smith, Quinn Carroll and Nana Osage-Mensah. Not all of them are 5-stars currently but are close and could easily rise to that level. They are also in on their fair share of other Top 150 types.

As for 2019, the best bets at a 5-Star caliber player are Zach Harrison, Brian Williams, Bru McCoy, Hudson Henry, Lewis Cine, Brandon Smith, Quinn Carroll and Nana Osage-Mensah. Not all of them are 5-stars currently but are close and could easily rise to that level. They are also in on their fair share of other Top 150 types.

Also Phis is on the cusp. If he has a solid All American Bowl he could easily get a bump up too

Again, i know it's early but we are not considered leaders for those guys. The ones i looked up at least.

Again, i know it's early but we are not considered leaders for those guys. The ones i looked up at least.

ND is very much in the lead or in the lead group for Brian Williams, Quinn Carroll and Brandon Smith. Right now, it is sorta unknown if they are pushing heavily for Cine, but if they are they are in the lead group with him as well.

Aren't there only a very small handful of 5 stars to begin with? Throw in the nd difficulties and it's few and far between we ever get a 5 star player. That doesn't mean a class can't still be great

247 sports generally does a top 32 for five stars to demonstrate emulate the nfl draft's first round.

Aren't there only a very small handful of 5 stars to begin with?

I say 5 star but those borderline 4/5 star guys count as well. Just like LV indicated.

Throw in the nd difficulties and it's few and far between we ever get a 5 star player. That doesn't mean a class can't still be great

Charlie weis got them so it can be done. I can't call our class great because I then wouldn't know what to call the top classes

I think some people see top 7 class and simply assume that means great.

It’s very good considering they are above many other good/great programs, but there can still be gap between classes. The number 5 class can be significantly better than the number class.

I agree.

When are you gonna put your tier ranking system in your signature so we can refer to it when we read your post?

If you could post this in your signature that would be great. It would lessen some confusion. Some people use the term elite more liberally then others. This would help us know what people mean.

Tier 1 is elite, can’t miss guys. These guys you make room for no matter what.

Tier 2 is what most classes are filled with. These are guys you want, but there’s likely a few guys you would definitely take over them if you could

Tier 3 are your normal prospects with upside, but come with flaws. These guys are likely red-shirted or are what you would call underrated prospects and the staff likes them more than most other power 5 schools.

Tier 4 are your prospects you go after after you really don’t get the guys you want.

I don’t see one class being that important.

I would rather see 4-5 classes in a row ranked in the top ten with the emphasis on player development. That won’t mean you are guaranteed to win a national championship, but you should be in the mix year after year.

I say 5 star but those borderline 4/5 star guys count as well. Just like LV indicated.

Charlie weis got them so it can be done. I can't call our class great because I then wouldn't know what to call the top classes

Charlie weis got 1 right? Maybe 2? And agree i guess it depends on your definition of great.