2019 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

The target number is ~21 recruits for this year (22 Signees, 10 EEs [^]):

Overall 247 Composite Rankings: Total Points - #14 Overall and Player Avg. - #12 Overall

247: Notre Dame 2019 Football Offers

247: 2019 Football Recruiting Composite Team Rankings

Visitor List: 2019 Recruit Visits

QB (1)

VA QB Brendon Clark (ND Signee): 247 Composite 3* 0.88

RB (1)

MO RB Kyren Williams (ND Signee ^): 247 Composite 4* 0.89

WR (2)

IL WR Kendall Abdur-Rahman (ND Signee): 247 Composite 3* 0.88

MD WR Cam Hart (ND Signee): 247 Composite 3* 0.87

TE (0)

None

OL (4)

OH OL Zeke Correll (ND Signee ^): 247 Composite 4* 0.96

MN OL Quinn Carroll (ND Signee ^): 247 Composite 4* 0.95

PA OL Andrew Kristofic (ND Signee ^): 247 Composite 4* 0.93

NJ OL John Olmstead (ND Signee ^): 247 Composite 4* 0.92

DL (5)

KY DL Jacob Lacey (ND Signee ^): 247 Composite 4* 0.93

CA DL Isaiah Foskey (ND Signee): 247 Composite 4* 0.92

TX DL NaNa Osafo-Mensah (ND Signee ^): 247 Composite 4* 0.90

TX DL Hunter Spears (ND Signee ^): 247 Composite 4* 0.90

NJ DL Howard Cross (ND Signee): 247 Composite 4* 0.90

LB (4)

NC LB Osita Ekwonu (ND Signee): 247 Composite 4* 0.92

GA LB JD Bertrand(ND Signee): 247 Composite 4* 0.89

IN LB Jack Kiser (ND Signee ^): 247 Composite 3* 0.89

HI LB Marist Liufau (ND Signee): 247 Composite 3* 0.88

CB (2)

CA CB Isaiah Rutherford (ND Signee): 247 Composite 4* 0.92

GA CB KJ Wallace (ND Signee): 247 Composite 4* 0.90

S (2)

GA S Kyle Hamilton (ND Signee): 247 Composite 4* 0.97

VA S Litchfield Ajavon (ND Signee): 247 Composite 4* 0.91

ST (1)

AL P Jay Bramblett (ND Signee ^): 247 Composite 3* 0.83

Edited by Big23Head

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Big,

I would definitely add RB Cesare Mellusi to this list as well as SDE Hunter Spears.

Probably CB Wesley Walker and LB Henry To'oto'o as well.

If I had to take a very early guess right now...

I think ND lands QB Dylan Morris, RB Cesare Mellusi and possibly Kenny McInstosh, WR David Bell, 2 of OTs John Olmstead, Nolan Rumler and Quinn Carroll, 2-3 of DEs Zach Harrison, Brandon Smith, Joseph Anderson, Hunter Spears, Jason Bargy and George Karlaftis, 3 of DTs Mazi Smith, Rodas Johnson, Jacob Lacey and Jowon Biggs, 2 of LBs Maninoa Tufana, Henry To'oto'o, Cade Stover, Shammond Cooper and Shane Lee, 1-2 of CBs Chris Steele, Wesley Walker and Julian Barnett, and possibly both safeties Brian Williams and Litchfield Avajon.

Plenty of other guys can be named, but they have not been offered yet.

Should JT Daniels be on the board? Or is he too much of a long shot at this point?

Maybe. Things died down a lot when Sanford left and Phil committed. I think on field results this year will kick things off for this class. It would be a surprise commit if anyone jumped on prior to the season. Also, I'm very intrigued to see if spring OVs change the recruiting game for ND. Could be a big help.

ND is out, updated the list

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="

">@Claywill3_</a> with that heat TOP 3 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoBlue?src=hash">#GoBlue</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BoilerUp?src=hash">#BoilerUp</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ItsAllAboutTheU?src=hash">#ItsAllAboutTheU</a> (RECRUITMENT STILL OPEN!) <a href="https://t.co/WeDXYY30OD">pic.twitter.com/WeDXYY30OD</a></p>— George Karlaftis III (@TheGK88) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheGK88/status/892555294550757376">August 2, 2017</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2019 4-Star Jowon Briggs Is A Wanted Man In Recruiting Circles

Even though he still has two seasons of high school football remaining at Cincinnati Walnut Hills, four-star defensive tackle Jowon Briggs has already hit the recruiting radar in a big way.

Briggs holds offers from the likes of Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, and many others. He has already taken a few unofficial visits in an attempt to learn more about each school.

"I have put recruiting on the back burner right now, because I'm more worried about my upcoming season right now," Briggs stated. "My most recent unofficial visit was to Alabama a few weeks ago. It seemed like a real, true, football school, and that's the vibe I got from there. It was obvious that football was really big to them."

"I just feel like a place I would be comfortable the most is a place where there are people that think the same way I think about things," he added. "I feel like I'd like to get into other things besides football, and I'm going to college to emphasize education. I enjoy football, but I also enjoy getting an education and I want to enjoy college."

"I definitely don't have any favorite school right now at all," he continued. "I'm wide open to hearing from every school."

Briggs has also visited several Midwest powers, and he took the time to discuss his thoughts on each of those schools.

NOTRE DAME: "They have a great 2018 recruiting class coming in, and I feel they're about to be something special again. The school is a place I'm comfortable at, but it different with all the cathedrals and places where you could sit down and pray. You don't get that anywhere else. I always like going to unique places, and checking them out, so Notre Dame is great to me."

OHIO STATE: "When I went there on a visit, they didn't really do an academic presentation and I haven't really done much research on them yet. I have to go up there and collect more information on them."

MICHIGAN: "They are a school that emphasizes academics, and they have an acting program that is similar to Cincinnati's conservatory of music. They're music program isn't shabby at all. The coaches are people I can relate to, so I like them a lot."

MICHIGAN STATE: "Like with Ohio State, when I was at Michigan State I was only there for football, so I really need to get back up there and do more research on them as a program."

CINCINNATI: "There is a buzz about UC right now, especially with their 2018 class. I've talked a couple times with (Bearcat defensive end commit) Malik Vann, and it seems that Luke Fickell is bringing an element of change to the program."

With his season starting up soon, and Briggs being busy with his team on the weekends, there might not be too many game visits on his schedule in the next few months.

"It will be tough for me to go anywhere this fall during my season," Briggs explained. "Whenever I can get free after my season, I will want to get out and see some college games."

Ohio's Top Junior Ready For Season To Begin

OLENTANGY, Ohio -- This is the first week of live scrimmage action in Ohio, and Scout was on hand to watch four-star junior defensive end Zach Harrison.

The first week of scrimmage action is upon us in the state of Ohio, and 2019 four-star Zach Harrison was in action Tuesday along with the rest of his Olentangy Orange teammates.

Harrison, the number-one defensive end prospect in the Midwest, played both sides of the football in scrimmage action against Pickerington North.

Showing his great speed and athleticism, Harrison pressured the quarterback and also was a force offensively at tight end. As he gains strength over the coming year, he is going to be nearly unblockable.

"It felt great to get back out there with pads on and play against another team," Harrison stated following the scrimmage. "I'm working on more pass rushing moves for this season, and not just rely on my athletic ability to get to the quarterback."

"We played well as a unit, and that comes from our coaching staff, because that's what's expected of us as players," he added.

Even though Harrison has put his recruitment on the back burner for now, he has visited such schools as Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Penn State.

"I was at Ohio State for their Friday Night Lights camp, although I didn't work out," he explained. "The atmosphere was cool, and I liked it. I talked to Coach (Urban) Meyer, but it wasn't high pressure and he mostly asked about my family. Most of the schools I like are recruiting me like that, on more of a personal level."

"I saw Penn State for their Lasch Bash weekend, and I want to go back there for a game," Harrison said. "I really liked it there, and I have a good relationship with (assistant coach) Terry Smith. I also spoke to Coach (James) Franklin, and I like him a lot."

" I also like Notre Dame and Michigan a lot, and I'm hoping to get to games at both places this year," he concluded. "I don't have a favorite school right now, and I'm more about Orange football at this point."

No. 1 Safety Brian Williams on Summer Tour and More...

Scout has a recruiting update from Brian Williams who talked about making stops in at Stanford, Texas, UCLA, and Notre Dame this summer.

Brian Williams and his Dallas (Texas) Bishop Dunne teammates enter the 2017 season rated No. 1 in TAPPS Div. I.

"We are just taking it one game at a time, Williams said. "Building as a team, you know we really don't listen too much to the outside information. We are just looking to improve every day and be great."

Williams also enters the season rated No. 1 individually.

In the recent release of the Scout Top 125 the 6-foot-0, 185-pound safety was rated as the No. 1 overall prospect in the state of Texas.

"Every year I am just trying to get better at everything," said Williams who racked up an impressive eight interceptions as a sophomore in 2016. "I know I am not where I want to be yet, and I know it is not going to be awhile until I get there. As long as I work hard and keep competing with my teammates every summer then I am going to get where I need to be."

Williams has a heavy offer list that features schools like Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA and USC.

"I always put schools that have offered before schools that haven't," Williams explained. "I have a lot of offers and I feel like at this point I would only have interest in the teams that have offered me."

This summer Williams worked in trips to Notre Dame, Stanford, UCLA and Texas.

Stanford - "My last unofficial visit was to Stanford," Williams said. "You know I enjoyed it. It is a great program. It's Stanford, so there is nothing that you can say bad about them. They offered a little bit back."

Texas - "They just unveiled their new locker rooms to me when I went up there just a month or so ago It is a real nice place and I have always enjoyed Coach (Craig) Naivar (UT Special Teams Coordinator, Safeties Coach)."

UCLA - "UCLA was great. It is a real nice place. They just got their new facilities as well. They are building something great up there. I really enjoyed it."

Notre Dame - "Notre Dame was a wonderful visit as well. It really is like what they say. It is a real traditional place Everything is really nice. The bricks are all the same. I really enjoyed it."

Williams is the younger brother of running back Rawleigh Williams III, who just had his career cut short at Arkansas due to injury. Rawleigh is a positive ambassador for the Razorbacks, but Brian says that he will have his back no matter where he signs to play in college.

"You know sometimes," Williams said with a laugh when asked if Rawleigh is on him about playing at Arkansas. "But I think that he is letting me do my own thing... enjoy the process and he is always there for me no matter where I go."

As a sophomore in 2016, Williams collected 78 tackles, eight interceptions, a fumble recovery, and scored four touchdowns to earn All-State honors. He reports a 3.9 GPA and is on track to become a National Merit Scholar.

Lacey is good friends with and going hard after NaNa-Osafo Mensah. Talented WDE from Texas. Landing this kid would be huge. Again, a great season on the field and I think 2019 has a chance to be a very, very awesome class.

That would be awesome, a lot riding on this seasons outome in the recruiting world for both the 18 and 19 classes