2018 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was mentioned after the coaching changes and now again this week on 247, Vann probably isn't a take a right now. Don't think he could commit right now even if he wanted to.

He's a 6'1 SDE who might be close to his potential already.

Doesn't have the burst and bend needed at WDE and he's undersized at SDE.

It was mentioned after the coaching changes and now again this week on 247, Vann probably isn't a take a right now. Don't think he could commit right now even if he wanted to.

Not doubting you necessarily, but is ND really in the position to be turning down Top 300 (247 Composite 255th ranked player, 11th ranked SDE) talent at DE?

Interesting. I heard a little of this a long time ago but many of the things I've seen lately make it seem like he is definitely a take. I'm pretty sure some of the recruits were told to go after Vann and they clearly are on Twitter. Time will tell, he is supposed to announce at the end of spring.

OL Hayes is visiting Michigan soon. Him and Dirksen probably hit the ND campus for a spring practice in the next few weeks.

I also think Griffith will wait a little bit. He is visiting FSU shortly. I could see him wanting to see ND again after the spring and possibly the product they put on the field.

This is a very deep class at WR and ND seems to be in a great spot right now. Jones and Lenzy are an exceptional start with many great options still on the table right now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notre Dame hosted five uncommitted prospects at Junior Dame just 11 days ago. Four have since committed: Gervin, Lenzy, Mabry and Jones.</p>— Irish Illustrated (@PeteSampson_) <a href="

">February 23, 2017</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by Big23Head

I've read this as well, but much like BIG has stated, the recruits are usually told to target certain players. Vann is certainly feeling the love on Twitter from ND recruits and fans.

I will say though...if you would have told me 3 months ago we'd have 11 commits right now and Vann wasn't one of them, I wouldn't have believed you. Makes you wonder.

Don't see Griffith but the other 3 are possible by the spring game

He's definitely my least confident of the four, but until they have some more guys on campus in the Spring he's has a better chance than most in my personal opinion. Two two OL and Vann could definitely do so soon though, assuming Vann is a take.

Shayne Simon is another guy if he gets on campus soon

I've read this as well, but much like BIG has stated, the recruits are usually told to target certain players. Vann is certainly feeling the love on Twitter from ND recruits and fans.

I will say though...if you would have told me 3 months ago we'd have 11 commits right now and Vann wasn't one of them, I wouldn't have believed you. Makes you wonder.

Yeah Vegas, regarding Vann, SB Tribune posts tweets from various players, commits and recruits every time we land a new kid. Without fail, Vann has tweeted about the positive addition to the class and saw an article on Stepp yesterday where he tweeted to Vann about "just commit already". Vann very much seems like a take so since I don't follow recruiting too much, seems to refute or dispute the notion he's not got an actionable offer. Have the Buckeyes offered? Thanks and GO IRISH!

I think that's been the inference. It'll be curious to see if that'll be the strategy going forward. Smaller visit lists with the hope of building stronger relationships. It could backfire if it's Kelly's last year and all these guys move on, or it could pay off big time if they have a good year.

Sounds like leverage to me. Kelly takes care of Kelly pretty well.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but any elite pass rushing DE's? We really need to start getting them at least once a year.

None yet, but definitely in the mix with a few guys. Micah Parsons (committed to PSU) is the biggest one. We offered recently, and the interest on his part seems genuine. Thomas Booker is another 4-star DE with a solid offer list. Obviously we've all heard the name Malik Vann.

Other guys to keep an eye on include Elijah Wade and Tyreke Smith.

Among others