2018 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an incredible run of commitments this week! This class is off to a strong start. Things may settle down for a bit after Jones announces, it seems. My targets for ND to lock down by the end of the spring would then be Malik Vann, Ryan Hayes, John Waggoner, Lenzy/Anderson-Butts, Tisdale/Simon and another OL of Hiestand's choosing.

I think that is quite reasonable and would allow ND to focus on big fish like ASB, Mustipher, an elite WR, an elite LB, and elite CB to close out the class. There's a long way to go, but I am surprised at how well things have gone and am optimistic going forward.

There is a lot of good buzz happening around ND right now. So far so good. ND should land Micah Jones today then they can focus on the elite speed guys at WR. Speaking of, Lenzy is visiting Oregon and USC among a couple other visits. Things may take shape with him quickly after that, but visits can always change things. OL will be interesting to watch, HH usually gets his guys earlier in the year.

ND has spread a wide recruiting net this year already, which is excellent. Also, this class as is allows the staff to focus on smaller groups of recruits attending Junior Day and the Spring game. A second Junior day should take place in April then the Invasion should be in June again. The Invasion will be interesting because I think ND will really be able to focus on the few guys from 2018, test out some potential 2018 guys and the rest will set up 2019. That is similar to years past but I think it has the chance to be even more focused this year.

We are rolling. We got a crystal ball to Lenzy and two o line recently. We may be finished with this class early.

Big big big visitor this weekend

Yes sir. Houston Griffith will be in town. He's seen ND plenty so this is interesting. May need to see these changes for himself.

Malik Van deciding the end of spring as well

Edited by Big23Head

Yeah, I agree. S&C guys and the position coaches. Also, I think the bigger names ND had committed that stuck was a big deal.

There is buzz for more coming in the next few weeks. Just talk right now but you have to love it.

These guys get together in a small setting and bond. Recruiting is a big momentum thing too and great to see we have Uncle Mo on our side now!

These guys get together in a small setting and bond. Recruiting is a big momentum thing too and great to see we have Uncle Mo on our side now!

Very strong class shaping up and the 10 so far seem to be a very tight group, which bodes well for reeling is some of the others high on ND's wish list. The OL recruit may end up being the only 3 star in the class and he has the potential to end up being a 4 STAR!

Lots of buzz and momentum regarding Braden Lenzy to ND soon. Big addition if so. Speeeeeed

He sure is! Could be the next Rocket! When is the last time ND had a player from Oregon on the roster?

This from an Oregon Live:

At this weekend's Under Armour All-American Los Angeles regional, Lenzy competed against many of the West region's top football talents, and earned his place as one of two Los Angeles finalists for the iLLSPEED Finals in Baltimore on April 23.

The iLLSPEED test measures burst, agility, quick reaction, footwork and speed.

Here's a description of the event, courtesy of Rivals: "Competitors got two individual runs through the drill where they began two yards behind the start line, burst out of their stance once the red light on the first gate is illuminated and then were off to the races."

He sure is! Could be the next Rocket! When is the last time ND had a player from Oregon on the roster?

This from an Oregon Live:

At this weekend's Under Armour All-American Los Angeles regional, Lenzy competed against many of the West region's top football talents, and earned his place as one of two Los Angeles finalists for the iLLSPEED Finals in Baltimore on April 23.

The iLLSPEED test measures burst, agility, quick reaction, footwork and speed.

Here's a description of the event, courtesy of Rivals: "Competitors got two individual runs through the drill where they began two yards behind the start line, burst out of their stance once the red light on the first gate is illuminated and then were off to the races."

Ethan Johnson I believe