2014 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free Article form Scout about Mustipher's visist:

The No. 2 ranked offensive guard Sam Mustipher of Olney (Md.) Good Counsel visited Notre Dame with his family on Wednesday, and he couldn't say enough positive things about his visit.

Offensive guard Sam Mustipher of Olney (Md.) Our Lady of Good Counsel was one of two marquee players on hand Wednesday for Notre Dame’s spring practice. Offensive tackle Jamarco Jones of Chicago (Ill.) De La Salle was present as well.

“The visit went really great,” Mustipher said. “My little brother and my mom loved it. My dad liked it a lot too, but he had seen Notre Dame before. This was my mom’s and brother’s first trip. The staff was great as always, and South Bend is one of the more hospitable places that I’ve been.”

Mustipher broke down the day's events.

“I got to watch an early workout and then sit in on some meetings,” Mustipher said. “It was cool I got to listen in on the players and [offensive line] Coach (Harry) Hiestand. Then, I got to watch practice. Everything was run at such a fast tempo. All 45 minutes, they were going drill to drill as efficiently as possible. The offense looked a little off today, but (offensive coordinator) Coach Martin was sick and he was standing back a little. I’m sure that will change as soon as he gets back out there.”

“After practice, my family and I got a tour of campus and the facilities,” Mustipher said. “My brother loved going into the locker room. He grew up watching 'Rudy.' We toured the bookstore and got a view of campus from the 14th floor on top of the library. I talked with Coach Hiestand for a while, and I talked with [tight ends] Coach (Scott) Booker for 15 minutes and with Coach Martin for 15 minutes.”

Mustipher knew what to expect on his return visit to Notre Dame, but he really wanted to find out how the rest of his family would view the Irish.

“I would say the highlight of my trip was letting my mom and brother see campus and then seeing how much they liked it at Notre Dame,” Mustipher said.

Asked if he could see himself as a member of the Irish, Mustipher responded:

“Definitely. Without question.”

Mustipher says even though he's not naming favorites, a commitment could come at any time.

“I don’t have a timeline at all,” the 6-foot-3, 286-pound offensive guard said. “It will just be when I wake up and feel that it’s right. I don't have any leaders, but Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, Maryland and Vanderbilt are recruiting me the hardest. “North Carolina and Florida are up there as well. I’m visiting Ohio State on Thursday, and when I finish that visit, I’ll have a good feeling for the football programs recruiting

- Dallis Todd got an offer (good news, he was very excited about the offer, hopefully he visits soon)

- Derek Kief was offered today as well, another big WR (6'5")

- Christian McCaffrey (RB) was offered (yes, Ed McCaffrey's son)

- Alex Bars may visit ND again soon. Plans to decide soon as well.

- ND started recruiting AZ QB Kyle Allen, teammate of WR Mark Andrews. Rated top QB by Scout and consensus top 5-6 QB by all.

Updated the main list and slowly adding 247 link (not adding links for all sites)

Edited by Big23Head

- As in the other thread, Quenton Nelson got an offer

- Corey Homes really enjoyed his visit. His dad and him took notice of the 2 WR transfers from ND and like that for early playing time. ND told him that he is a priority now and will be back for an OV

Recruiting Week in Review

- Lorenzo Carter put ND in his top 5

- Blazevich is deciding soon, will visit Bama this weekend first. Most likely Clemson.

- Reilly Gibbons is deciding today in a few hours, most likely Miami or FSU

- WR Josh Malone plans to visit for the spring game

- Nathan Starks visits this week

Some more articles:

Byrne Takes In ND Again

In The Film Room: Adoree' Jackson

Kief Talks Irish Offer

Also I find this tweet interesting:

Greg Miclisse @Gblack_DidDat3

My Official Visits will be Tennessee, NOTREDAME, Penn State, and 2 more are up for grabs ! #Deciding

Edited by Big23Head

- DeAndre Thompkins was offered today, appears to be for a WR position. Concensus 3* but offers are coming in and interest is trending up. Very nice measurables.

- Gibbons comitted to Miami.

- ND reached out to the #1 QB David Cornwell, tough pull from thesouth if any interest at all to begin with.

- Starks was offered by USC today

- DeAndre Thompkins is looking to set up a visit farily quick.

- Drake Harris should be in town this weekend for the coaches clinic as his coach will be there

- RB Derrell Scott still has ND in his top 5

- Several WRs offered recently, I will update in the next day or 2.

Alright the WR offers and other stuff:

- Cameron Sims is a big 4* WR from Louisiana. Sims receptive of Irish offer

- Demarre Kitt, 4* WR from GA, OSU is recent leader

- Saeed Blacknall, another big 4* WR from NJ

- Richard Yeargin III received an offer

- Nick Watkins and Michiah Quick should be on campus tomorrow/next couple days during the coaches clinic as well

- Nick Watkins and Michiah Quick should be on campus tomorrow/next couple days during the coaches clinic as well

does anyone know where ND stands with nick Watkins? one of my favorite cb prospects in this class would love to see him come to ND, ND needs a couple big time cb's in this class.

does anyone know where ND stands with nick Watkins? one of my favorite cb prospects in this class would love to see him come to ND, ND needs a couple big time cb's in this class.

Will know more after the weekend but ND will be his first visit out of the south.

He's not coming here. Miami or FSU.

Agreed

- Richard Yeargin III, Alford was trying to set up an OV and Yeargrin said he wanted to get to ND before sooner so that sounds good. He was relieved to get the offer and feels like he fits at ND but will still be a NSD committment wherever he chooses.

- Jamarco Jones, OSU still leads after all his visits and he may make a committment soon

- Mustipher will attend maryland's spring game

- Ethan Wolf committed to Tennessee last night

@Jake_Brown: ICYMI - #Rivals100 ATH Michiah Quick (@ItsQuicker) is en route to #NotreDame for a visit

@NDatRivals22h

#Rivals100 WR Malachi Dupre is targeting a visit to #NotreDame in the coming months, via @RivalsJason

- Michiah Quick had a great visit and plans to get back to ND

- Quenton Nelson named ND his leader, has a couple more visits on tap right now. For now OSU is the biggest competition most likely, plans to announce before the season.

- Lorenzo Carter has ND in his top 5 right now, kid is flat out awesome, game changer

- Nick Watkins had a good visit to ND this weekend as well. Should be more to come this week

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/9udasu7y.jpg

- Nathan Starks had a great visit to ND, could not have gone better, great things to say and said he would fit perfectly

Irish Illustrated @NDatRivals

#Rivals100 RB Nathan Starks on his #NotreDame visit: "My trip was amazing."

With Watkins and Quick:

BHsBHRHCIAA-ljl.jpg

- ND plans to look at/show interest in 6 QBs now and DeShone Kizer will be one. No offer currently. ND will see him throw next month and he will camp in June. Top 5 of ND, OSU, Bama, LSU, and Tennessee

Edited by Big23Head

- Michiah Quick had a great visit and plans to get back to ND

- Quenton Nelson named ND his leader, has a couple more visits on tap right now. For now OSU is the biggest competition most likely, plans to announce before the season.

- Lorenzo Carter has ND in his top 5 right now, kid is flat out awesome, game changer

- Nick Watkins had a good visit to ND this weekend as well. Should be more to come this week

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/9udasu7y.jpg

- Nathan Starks had a great visit to ND, could not have gone better, great things to say and said he would fit perfectly

Irish Illustrated @NDatRivals

#Rivals100 RB Nathan Starks on his #NotreDame visit: "My trip was amazing."

With Watkins and Quick:

BHsBHRHCIAA-ljl.jpg

- ND plans to look at/show interest in 6 QBs now and DeShone Kizer will be one. No offer currently. ND will see him throw next month and he will camp in June. Top 5 of ND, OSU, Bama, LSU, and Tennessee

Want all 3 in that pic...