2014 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

- Junior Day is this weekend

- TE Daniel Helm is visiting for Junior Day.

- Braden Smith gets in Friday with his dad.

- Khairi Clark was a top performer NFTC this past weekend (Artavis Scott and Greg Miclisse were too). Keeps in contact with Alford each week and likes ND but probably would call Miami #1 right now.

- McDermott is a Miami/ND race, will be interesting to see after the ND visit.

- Corey Holmes top 3 Miami, Michigan and ND

Edited by Big23Head

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so lets update a little:

- Trumbetti committed, great pick up. He also struck up a great relationship with Jay Hayes

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/570/869/6_869570.jpg

- FL QB Michael O'Connor is visiting tomorrow and may get offered. 247 Composite 4* .90, with MSU and Vandy currently near the top

- Elijah Hood is on hold. The last time he spoke, him and his parents are trying to set up a visit and ND prorbably still leads however this one will take a while. His parents need to get on campus.

Anna Hickey @AnnaHScout

RB Elijah Hood decides he's "not going to put out a top 5", backing off recruitment right now

- Khairi Clark: Miami leads with ND also in the top group of 6 (Clemson, Florida, Nebraska, South Carolina). "Academics come first -- before football," Clark said. "Without the academics you don't have football."

- Jeb Blazevich enjoyed his visit, thinks ND is unique and can picture himself at all of his top schools as of now. Tough pull from the south. (Side note: ND will land a good TE this year)

- KC McDermott is visiting soon and plans to ask ND anything and everything he needs to know. Engineering program, if Kelly will leave, etc. He knows all about Miami and wants to figure ND out. Would like to EE. May be torn some with his brothers being at opposite places. Plans to announce early next week.

- Daniel Helm had a great visit and ND moved up. ND told him they have offers out to other TEs right now but if a spot opens they will be in touch.

- Braden Smith had a great visit, left with a top 3 of ND, TCU and A&M. Also he noted that he preferred ND over OSU and Michigan

Irish Sports Daily‏@ISDUpdate

Elite Kansas OL Braden Smith felt very comfortable at #NotreDame. That's a very good thing for #Irish More coming soon.

- Jay Hayes and Greer Martini both had great visits and it further solidified their choice.

- I believe Jaylon was on campus this past weekend and Greg Bryant will be at the Blue Gold game.

- Alex Bars had a good visit, enjoyed the coaches. Seemed to like everythign he saw but nothing in depth given about his school choices right now. He was also told ND is looking to take 4 OL as of now.

Edited by Big23Head

McDermott's visit is going really well so far. ND is making up ground. His parents are on the visit with him and mom likes what she is hearing/seeing. He has most of the academic things discussed and will be hanging with the players tonight. So far so good but still a tough call with Miami.

Alright, so lets update a little:

- Trumbetti committed, great pick up. He also struck up a great relationship with Jay Hayes

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/570/869/6_869570.jpg

- FL QB Michael O'Connor is visiting tomorrow and may get offered. 247 Composite 4* .90, with MSU and Vandy currently near the top

- Elijah Hood is on hold. The last time he spoke, him and his parents are trying to set up a visit and ND prorbably still leads however this one will take a while. His parents need to get on campus.

Anna Hickey @AnnaHScout

RB Elijah Hood decides he's "not going to put out a top 5", backing off recruitment right now

- Khairi Clark: Miami leads with ND also in the top group of 6 (Clemson, Florida, Nebraska, South Carolina). "Academics come first -- before football," Clark said. "Without the academics you don't have football."

- Jeb Blazevich enjoyed his visit, thinks ND is unique and can picture himself at all of his top schools as of now. Tough pull from the south. (Side note: ND will land a good TE this year)

- KC McDermott is visiting soon and plans to ask ND anything and everything he needs to know. Engineering program, if Kelly will leave, etc. He knows all about Miami and wants to figure ND out. Would like to EE. May be torn some with his brothers being at opposite places. Plans to announce early next week.

- Daniel Helm had a great visit and ND moved up. ND told him they have offers out to other TEs right now but if a spot opens they will be in touch.

- Braden Smith had a great visit, left with a top 3 of ND, TCU and A&M. Also he noted that he preferred ND over OSU and Michigan

Irish Sports Daily‏@ISDUpdate

Elite Kansas OL Braden Smith felt very comfortable at #NotreDame. That's a very good thing for #Irish More coming soon.

- Jay Hayes and Greer Martini both had great visits and it further solidified their choice.

- I believe Jaylon was on campus this past weekend and Greg Bryant will be at the Blue Gold game.

- Alex Bars had a good visit, enjoyed the coaches. Seemed to like everythign he saw but nothing in depth given about his school choices right now. He was also told ND is looking to take 4 OL as of now.

How can you say that but have Miami leading? Kids who say this and then have a top schools consisting of Miami, Clemson, Florida, Nebraska, and South Carolina are idiots

How can you say that but have Miami leading? Kids who say this and then have a top schools consisting of Miami, Clemson, Florida, Nebraska, and South Carolina are idiots

I think we all see that and agree (Florida is a decent school though) but I think the schools may portray it to the athletes differently. They get these stats about how great a academic program is at a school and what not. However, it may not always be the actual football players that graduate with success. Places like ND, Stanford, etc actually get the football players a strong education and high graduation rates. Makes it that much more inportant to get players on campus and explain it to them/let them see it themselves. Just my quick 2 cents.

- Michael O'COnnor had a good visit to ND today. No offer but is still being recruited by ND, they want to see more of him when they are in FL.

- Brandon Dawkins has a top 3 right now of ND, Utah and USC (expects a USC offer in May). Will be a tough pull from USC I think but he says he wants to play it all out.

Miami is one of the best schools in this country. Unfortunately their willingness to accept ANY football player has tarnished that reality. Make no mistake though, that is a great academic school.

Huh? Miami is an excellent school. Get off the ND high horse.

Not if you are an athlete, which these kids are. Clemson isn't a bad school when it comes to pure academics, but they graduate like less than 50% of their players. That is horrible. My point is that if kids value education, they'd go to a school where they are almost guaranteed to graduate. Like a Stanford or Notre Dame.

I could go to Harvard but if I don't ever graduate it doesn't mean $h*t

Not if you are an athlete, which these kids are. Clemson isn't a bad school when it comes to pure academics, but they graduate like less than 50% of their players. That is horrible. My point is that if kids value education, they'd go to a school where they are almost guaranteed to graduate. Like a Stanford or Notre Dame.

I could go to Harvard but if I don't ever graduate it doesn't mean $h*t

If the kid actually values enducation, what are the chances he doesn't make sure he graduates. I know all the stats, but c'mon. And when he does graduate, a Miami degree is very well respected.

- Sam Mustipher is visiting 4/2-3

- Jamarco Jones will visit sometime next week, OSU leads

- 2 more scholarships available with the transfers. May see Dallis Todd get offered now (Tyler Luatua teammate)

Edited by Big23Head

Jeff Greer @jeffgreer

McDermott knows his choice now. No one in the family knows, or at least says they do. #NotreDame #canes

Jeff Greer @jeffgreer

Good vibes from the McDermotts at #NotreDame ... Visit going very well.

Edited by Big23Head

If the kid actually values enducation, what are the chances he doesn't make sure he graduates. I know all the stats, but c'mon. And when he does graduate, a Miami degree is very well respected.

I could find plenty of examples of kids who have just said that because it's cliche, and then didn't graduate. And it is, but not nearly as much as a Notre Dame degree.

- NJ OL Quenton Nelson visiting 4/6, Bama recently offered, no offer from ND but he may get one on the visit.

- Matt Nelson will visit at some point this spring. He is a big skill guy the staff likes. TE/DE 6'8" 245# 3 star. No offer right now

- I don't think Dylan Thompson is visiting anymore, he committed to OSU

Edited by Big23Head

I could find plenty of examples of kids who have just said that because it's cliche, and then didn't graduate. And it is, but not nearly as much as a Notre Dame degree.

One of the best medical schools in the country at The U. The point is that Miami is a great school. TYPICALLY, the football players down there don't give a crap about that and are taken care of accordingly giving the school a bad public image. If, however, a football player is very intelligent, he most certainly could apply himself and get a fantastic education at UM.

As most know McDermott picked Miami, staff will continue to be in contact.

Sam Mustipher II @IAmFiveTwo

Chilled with Ronnie Stanley today had to settle my differences over the loss to bishop Gorman lol

Jason Sapp @BGI_JasonSapp

#Irish four-star OL targets Jamarco Jones and Sam Mustipher present at #NotreDame practice this morning. #ND

Jamarco Jones is visiting several schools this week with ND. MSU, Michigan, Wisc. Hard pull from OSU, big lead.

Thomas Holley still going up the rankings, got an UA AA game invite. Talking to ND, Bama and Ole Miss quite a bit

Malik McDowell has been liking Michigan a lot lately, they probably lead but I think ND can be in the mix with him.

Andrew Williams had a great visit to UGA, going to be a long recruitment it feesl like

Anthony Moten committed to UF

C Brian Allen is visiting for BG game, Ian Bunting teammate

Edited by Big23Head

Both Jones and Mustipher had good visits. Supposedly ND moved up with Jones (may not matter) and Mustihper had a great time again. Mustioher will sit with coaches and parents to discuss, could commit after that. Both are going to OSU spring game (which has a lot of talent attending).