Davonte Neal Thread HE'S IRISH!!

2lakes

I really hope he chooses ND in a couple of hours, but if he doesn't you wont see me type a bad word about him.

Everything I've read about him and his decision making process has given off the impression of a very mature kid that took a very indepth approach to looking at the final schools and making a decision that he feels is best for him. Who knows how it will work out, but clearly whatever school gets their LOI signed today appears to be getting a mature kid. No hat dance or other antics today from him....just speakers and then his signing of his LOI at his elementary school on his mom's bday.

I hope wherever he ends up, he has great success....both on and off the field. I'll just hope a little harder he ends up in South Bend.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really hope he chooses ND in a couple of hours, but if he doesn't you wont see me type a bad word about him.

Everything I've read about him and his decision making process has given off the impression of a very mature kid that took a very indepth approach to looking at the final schools and making a decision that he feels is best for him. Who knows how it will work out, but clearly whatever school gets their LOI signed today appears to be getting a mature kid. No hat dance or other antics today from him....just speakers and then his signing of his LOI at his elementary school on his mom's bday.

I hope wherever he ends up, he has great success....both on and off the field. I'll just hope a little harder he ends up in South Bend.

Post. More. Often. ... Very well said.

If he just decided after the family issues, Arkansas would be the last place of the four I would think he'd choose.

Arizona-close to home and friends.

UNC-close to grandma.

ND-bet combo of football, academics, spirituality, called to check on cousin etc.

Arkansas- ?

I can't see what Arkansas offers that the others don't, other than football competition, but he could go pro from any of the four.

If he just decided after the family issues, Arkansas would be the last place of the four I would think he'd choose.

Arizona-close to home and friends.

UNC-close to grandma.

ND-bet combo of football, academics, spirituality, called to check on cousin etc.

Arkansas- ?

I can't see what Arkansas offers that the others don't, other than football competition, but he could go pro from any of the four.

Arkansas offers the best team (right now), an explosive offense with an offensive guru coach and they play in the SEC.

Additionally, he would be able to start his major as a freshman. That isn't an option elsewhere.

From a purely football standpoint, I couldn't argue much with a WR wanting a piece of petrinos system.

That said, I would still be surprised if he is not Irish.

Arkansas offers the best team (right now), an explosive offense with an offensive guru coach and they play in the SEC.

Additionally, he would be able to start his major as a freshman. That isn't an option elsewhere.

From a purely football standpoint, I couldn't argue much with a WR wanting a piece of petrinos system.

That said, I would still be surprised if he is not Irish.

What is his major and why can't he start it elsewhere?

I don't deny Arkansas might be the bet football option, this just doesn't seem like a purely football decision. It isn't like he can't get drafted from any of the other three schools.

Read on another site about how Davonte came to his decision and there was mention of academics and he described it in a way only ND would out of his final 4...

When It comes to academics, obviously ND is well known. But I had to laugh yesterday when I read this gem about Kyle Bosch picking scUM over Stanford because it all came down to academics. I think he was more excited about getting an I-pad than really thinking about academic reputation.

http://michigan.247sports.com/Article/Bosch-Diary-Talks-Michigan-Pledge-62059

I think Davonte has taken his time, made an informed decision and I respect his choice either way. Just really hoping it is ND.

Arkansas- ?

I can't see what Arkansas offers that the others don't

But it's Notre Dame Lite, man! (does water count as "Lite"?)

What is his major and why can't he start it elsewhere?

I don't deny Arkansas might be the bet football option, this just doesn't seem like a purely football decision. It isn't like he can't get drafted from any of the other three schools.

Wants to major in sports broadcasting. The reference to starting his major is applying to starting the real "hands on" experience in broadcasting rather than classroom only. It's my understanding that Arkansas starts the hands on stuff as early as Freshman year while the other schools would not start till Sophomore or Junior years.

With words like this straight from him, I say ND!

“It was last Wednesday when we finally arrived at the decision,” Neal shares. “I basically went to my dad and told him, 'Hey I know, I know what school I’m going to’. And he was supportive of it.

“I just felt it. I felt like that was the school for me as far as after football, 40 years after college, it would help me be successful.”

“I talked to all the coaches from my top four and I just felt it by talking to this specific coach that this was the school for me just because of the respect level that they have for me and my family."

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/1160510.html

Keeping fingers crossed!