Davonte Neal Thread HE'S IRISH!!

2lakes

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does your "lets keep this to Davonte Neal" rules expire after page three? Ive shown great restraint on this thread, I'd expect the same from its author.

:llama:

Look back: that went out the window at about page 2, and then the thread title was changed from "Just Davonte Neal," so if you can't beat 'em...

Although, note that I made sure my post did have something about Davonte Neal in it.

"He's had time to think, reflect on what has happened to him. Having played football in Arizona, he had time to think whether he wants to stay in Arizona or leave Arizona," Luke Neal said. "He put it in more perspective on what's best for him."

That could go either way:

1. He needs to stay close to home

2. He's already played in AZ, and it is time to live his life in the big world out there

No one knows.

A BleacherReport.com story lists Arizona's odds of landing Neal at 30 percent, ahead of Notre Dame (25 percent), North Carolina (25 percent) and Arkansas (20 percent).

Very compelling. ;)

However, National Football Post's Dion Caputi reported Sunday night that Neal "sounds for sure" headed to Notre Dame. He did not cite sources.

Nice to hear, but unless you really have a reason to trust this Caputi guy...

No one knows. Except maybe the shadow. And I most certainly am not going to ask that shadow guy.

But everyone will know. Tomorrow.

So believe. Hope for the best. Be prepared for the worst.

Edited by 2lakes

Neal's father keeps commenting on how Devonte's cousins death made his decision simpler...that statement alone leads me to think nothing but Arizona...he wants to stay close to home in case there are family issues...plus with both his friends going to Arizona... i don't know but i don't think it's good for us...lets hope i'm wrong tomorrow.

Neal's father keeps commenting on how Devonte's cousins death made his decision simpler...that statement alone leads me to think nothing but Arizona...he wants to stay close to home in case there are family issues...plus with both his friends going to Arizona... i don't know but i don't think it's good for us...lets hope i'm wrong tomorrow.

Gotta go with this logic.

I was on the cautiously optimistic side of the fence for Davonte coming to ND. Since all of these articles keep coming out about the decision getting easier after the cousin's death, I am now firmly planted on the side that says he is going to Zona.

I truly hope that I am wrong and that this made the decision to leave easier now that the burden of a dying relative has been lifted. I also take into consideration that all of the articles do come out of Arizona.

All we can do is hope he makes the right choice and comes to ND.

Funny how two people can read the same line and interpret it completely different. I read this to mean he was going to ND. His cousins death gave him time to sit back, look at his life, and see what's best for him. The death of a close relative shocked him into thinking seriously about life, how things can change dramatically, and how you need a quality education and network to assist you in the future. It's not about fun times right now. His best friends are fun times right now. The death shocked him to realize friends are temporary.

So I'm reading ND.

The irony for me has been that from the beginning I have felt only two guys that we had a snowballs chance at were the difference maker we needed at ND. One was Keith Marshall and the other is Neal and pesonally I think we will miss on him as well. At Notre Dame we have no real issues getting long playmakers but we can't land that ultra quick lightning in a bottle guy except once in a great while. We desperately need a super quick guy who can turn a three yard loss into an eight yard gain just on his own in space. Also, a true elite level defensive player is something we have missed out on. We haven't had an Eric Berry or even yet a Joyner type corner in a long time. It is the one thing I will continue to say we desperately need and really haven't had a in space playmaker outside of possibly Golden Tate.