Davonte Neal Thread HE'S IRISH!!

2lakes

Surely you aren't implying that every media report or everything on the internet is true?

A lot of people in AZ reported that congresswoman had died as well.

Naw, just making the point that there was more substance to the report than the alternate, which was that there was no rift. Both are speculation, but only one was actually being reported.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry man. We got this kid because Daddy made him. No way was the decision the same as it was weeks ago. If it was, the drama with the no show wouldnt have taken place. You can believe what you want, but IMO this guy will be on transfer watch along with Gunner. Colin speaks the truth.

you talk as though he is some kid from a privileged background.......do you know anything about luke neal or his past?? the guy had a pretty rough youth....he admits he was involved in gang activity for a period of time and had some brushes with the law.......now if you wanna call him an overbearing "daddy" so be it, but unless you've walked in that guys shoes, i suggest you refrain from judgement........

2:30 in the morning

DN: *wakes up frantically and shouts* I want to go to AZ!

Luke: Oh hell no!

Alpha-male fighting for the next 10 hours...

DN: Alright, we good, Notre Dame it is!

^That does not sound realistic at all, a "family emergency" at 2:30am (which is being reported) doesnt sound like a "I want this, dad wants that" type of trouble, but more like an actual family emergency of some kind.

AZ reporters are pro-AZ the entire time and word now is that it was between ND and Arkansas. I am not surprised in the least when an AZ reporter came out and said "Neal himself wants AZ, but his overbearing dad wants Notre Dame." Talk about bias, there is NOTHING concrete that makes me think Neal wavered in his commitment to ND.

2:30 in the morning

DN: *wakes up frantically and shouts* I want to go to AZ!

Luke: Oh hell no!

Alpha-male fighting for the next 10 hours...

DN: Alright, we good, Notre Dame it is!

^That does not sound realistic at all, a "family emergency" at 2:30am (which is being reported) doesnt sound like a "I want this, dad wants that" type of trouble, but more like an actual family emergency of some kind.

AZ reporters are pro-AZ the entire time and word now is that it was between ND and Arkansas. I am not surprised in the least when an AZ reporter came out and said "Neal himself wants AZ, but his overbearing dad wants Notre Dame." Talk about bias, there is NOTHING concrete that makes me think Neal wavered in his commitment to ND.

A family emergency would have allowed for a simple phone call to say hold up the press conference.

Clearly that did not happen.

Therefore one can assume that Neal and family figured they were still going to show up to the presser on time.

This makes the cold feet scenario much more likely

So Neal played WR at UA game instead of DB, that Greenbury guy played DB instead of WR...looks like our recruits w/ the flare for dramatics crossed paths.

I definitely see and think Neal is clearly on offense. The screens on his highlights were incredible, subtract that nonsense backwards crap from last year, insert Neal and there's another variable to keep opposing D on it's toes.

Really love this kid, super excited to see him Irish.

"It was a family situation that we would like to keep private right now," Luke Neal said. "We are going to try to deal with it within ourselves first."

Luke Neal said that someone in his family had been seriously injured, though he did not disclose any further details. Just weeks after one of Davonte Neal's cousins was killed in a car accident, Luke Neal said that another tragedy had beset the family in what should have been a time of celebration

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7599041/davonte-neal-recent-notre-dame-commit-focuses-new-beginning-hectic-day

Edited by cali_domer

"It was a family situation that we would like to keep private right now," Luke Neal said. "We are going to try to deal with it within ourselves first."

Luke Neal said that someone in his family had been seriously injured, though he did not disclose any further details. Just weeks after one of Davonte Neal's cousins was killed in a car accident, Luke Neal said that another tragedy had beset the family in what should have been a time of celebration

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7599041/davonte-neal-recent-notre-dame-commit-focuses-new-beginning-hectic-day

Cue Echo for a dose of negative spin on this one, and how ultimately this all proves Neal is being dragged kicking and screaming to Notre Dame.

Idle speculation---nothing more, nothing less. Maybe he felt uncomfortable announcing for ND before an overwhelmingly pro-Arizona crowd? Who knows? Let us all give this guesswork a rest, move on, and be happy that he's Irish.

I kind of giggle every time I see someone say that it was a pro UA crowd. I live not far from where he announced and I would be hard pressed to find even a handful of people who root for the University of Northern Mexico.

The guy cuts, stops and starts at full speed like I've never seen.

Davonte' Neal US ARMY National Combine

Did you see the play he made on Ronald Darby starting at 1:12... he beat him fair and square... This kid is good at WR, he is more of a deep threat than I originally thought he would be. Very impressed with him...

Edited by NDhoosier

Originally Posted by OddThomas View Post

Who cares what happened, he's Irish. Good lord can we stop doing a Colinecho i.e. finding something negative about every single thing that happens. This shiite is getting old.

Hey, I'm way over 40 now, so my understanding is I need to get one of those anyway. If it can be accomplished via a forum like this, as opposed to how I hear it's usually done, then I'm all for it.

Did you see the play he made on Ronald Darby starting at 1:12... he beat him fair and square... This kid is good at WR, he is more of a deep threat than I originally thought he would be. Very impressed with him...

Nobody should be able to cover you on a double move with a half field to work with and no pass rush. Darby recovering that fast was the more impressive aspect of that clip.

I'm still impressed... Just saying