Davonte Neal Thread HE'S IRISH!!

2lakes

How about a thread where we post news about his upcoming decision and the likelihood of Notre Dame receiving his LOI?

As a reminder:

1. Davonte and his father have stated that they announce his decision next Tuesday, Feb 21, his mother's birthday

2. One recruiting expert has predicted Notre Dame while a source has said it will be Notre Dame. Another expert has said Notre Dame will be a big surprise

3. Responding to the rumors of his commitment to Notre Dame, Mr. Neal called Notre Dame the "dark horse."

4. Mr. Neal recently said that Davonte will decide today, and then be sure of that decision as he approached the 21st.

Remember gents: Davonte Neal only. Let's try to keep posts limited to the facts and substantiated rumors. Now concentrate.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

or this one gives me some confidence

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1068231-notre-dame-football-davonte-neal-would-push-irish-recruiting-class-over-the-top

anywhere he goes i really wont be shocked anymore... all the schools make sense.

nd- plays immediately, academics

arkansas- plays in a high powered offense, experience qb

unc- grandmother near by,

arizona- home school, easy to see why he likes it

Guys,

Just let this play out and stop the speculating. The Neal family has seemed to be very professional in making their decision, so let's just give them the space to decide. I want him at ND as bad as every person on here, but wish him well no matter his decision. He has handled it with class to this point.

ND has a many great things to offer, so we are in the mix. ND has a great education, great campus, on TV, talented team and very good offense. I am sure they recognize each of the choices positives and negatives.

So, Good Luck to Davonte and his family.

Go Irish!!

Guys,

Just let this play out and stop the speculating. The Neal family has seemed to be very professional in making their decision, so let's just give them the space to decide. I want him at ND as bad as every person on here, but wish him well no matter his decision. He has handled it with class to this point.

ND has a many great things to offer, so we are in the mix. ND has a great education, great campus, on TV, talented team and very good offense. I am sure they recognize each of the choices positives and negatives.

So, Good Luck to Davonte and his family.

Go Irish!!

Speculating is what goes on here 50% of the time, isn't it? I don't think anybody is withholding his grandmother's meds in order to get insight...

Anybody else find it odd that supposedly we can't commit to the O side of the ball for him? Seems like a natural playmaker. Would we really take him and put at DB?

Where have you heard/read that? I'd be very surprised if that were true, not because I'm doubting you but because Neal does seem like such a naturally gifted athlete with the ball in his hands.

Also, I'm hesitant to put too much stock in the article linked to from SB Nation: Arizona. Yes, in looking it over it does seem like a slightly better site than Bleacher Report, but it's still a site by Arizona fans for Arizona fans. All anybody has to go off of are cryptic messages and one-liner quotes from Davonte's dad, and it's natural for each fanbase (ours certainly included) to spin what little solid material we have in favor of our team.

All that being said, our offense will be loaded with athletes if we get Neal. Talented, championship caliber football players? Maybe, maybe not; obviously there isn't a whole lot of experience, especially at WR. But there's no denying that there's a lot of athletic ability on the edge, especially with the young guys. Spring practice can't get here quickly enough.

How does that article in ANY WAY show he's favoring UA? There's absolutely NOTHING in there about any school being favored -- just that Davonte woke up and knew where he was going.

He cancelled an official to Arizona. He never seemed interested in the Wildcats, and that article does nothing to show "promise" that that stance has changed.

I'm not guaranteeing he's Irish, but that article doesn't make me pessimistic whatsoever.

How does that article in ANY WAY show he's favoring UA? There's absolutely NOTHING in there about any school being favored -- just that Davonte woke up and knew where he was going.

He cancelled an official to Arizona. He never seemed interested in the Wildcats, and that article does nothing to show "promise" that that stance has changed.

I'm not guaranteeing he's Irish, but that article doesn't make me pessimistic whatsoever.

No joke, this is the crux of the article:

But Luke Neal shed some light Wednesday afternoon to make me think either UA or North Carolina just might be the school. Keep in mind, Davonte's grandmother on his mom's side lives in North Carolina. But more so I think UA has the best shot.

UA now has Davonte's best friend, linebacker Cody Ippolito, locked in with a scholarship. And it's close to Dad, to whom Davonte' attributed his success at the Ed Doherty Awards luncheon last Friday. Davonte's girlfriend, who attended the Doherty Awards with him, is here.

Over the weekend, Luke said his son awoke one night and told him which school he was going to. Luke said he told his son to sit on it longer to be sure. He confirmed it Monday. And, on Tuesday, during his cousin's memorial service, Davonte' "had a clearer picture," Luke said.

Uhh do people remember that Luke Neal said ND called just to ask about their cousin to give their support. He said we were the only school to do it and he really respected the coaches for it.

I understand everyone is a little gun-shy after Darby and Greenberry but come on...