Arik Armstead, USC Decommit

OklahomaIrish

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close, take out Bama and add Texas and you got it.

Texas hmm interesting...is he taking a visit or has he? Seems strange texas recruits dont ever really go "down to the wire"

Also new article up on stefon diggs recruitment...eliminated us yet?

Edited by yikityyakirish

No...again I say no. ND keeps popping up, but its probably a long shot.

He said he would be a fool not to consider Notre Dame...from what I heard from a little birdie.

I know this thread is about Armstead, but I'll go on record as hoping you are right on Diggs, Golden. However, based on the article Yik referenced, ND is in the rearview.

I know this thread is about Armstead, but I'll go on record as hoping you are right on Diggs, Golden. However, based on the article Yik referenced, ND is in the rearview.

I agree. But there are a couple people who think we have a better shot than some might think. Be a tough get for us for sure, but Kelly and Co seem to be relentless on the recruiting trail and a lot of these recruits saw what we all saw this year, and that is we are going to be a dangerous team once we get a good QB. These kids know that if they are the team to finally turn it around, that they will be immortals in the eyes of ND fans and college football people.

I found this on rivals, it's premium, but the teaser mentioned that Aziz Shittu, Ellis McCarthy and ARIK ARMSTEAD were seriously considering the attending the same school. The only school consistent on each ones finalists per rivals... CAL. If this is true, Cal would have a top 5 class, considering Thompson and Payton just committed per their twitters. What is the fascination with Cal?? They went 7-6, losing to every pac 12 team of consequence and got dominated in the bowl by a texas team with a worse QB situation than we have.... I don't know what Jeff Tedford is selling, but these recruits are sure as hell buying it.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1314313&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

I found this on rivals, it's premium, but the teaser mentioned that Aziz Shittu, Ellis McCarthy and ARIK ARMSTEAD were seriously considering the attending the same school. The only school consistent on each ones finalists per rivals... CAL. If this is true, Cal would have a top 5 class, considering Thompson and Payton just committed per their twitters. What is the fascination with Cal?? They went 7-6, losing to every pac 12 team of consequence and got dominated in the bowl by a texas team with a worse QB situation than we have.... I don't know what Jeff Tedford is selling, but these recruits are sure as hell buying it.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1314313&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Cal has:

1. Location (California with kids from Cali)

2. Top QB Prospect (Kline which they all have had time with from camps)

3. Chance to be "The Class to turn it around"

4. A lot of positives in a conference that isn't that top heavy

I am as big as a Notre Dame fan as anyone but if you are a kid from Cali then Cal offers you more in the football and honestly weather department then Notre Dame. I would take ND in a second over any Cali school but I can see why these kids are looking there.

Cal is 1.5 to 2 hours drive from Suckramento (Thompson) and a short flight (55 minutes) from LA, or about a 5 hour drive from Westlake Village (Payton).

Aside from that it is filled with liberals and hippies. Cal is an engineering school, ND is a liberal arts school. So if you are looking for Computer Science or other engineering skills, Cal is a better fit. ND has other great facilities, but it is what it is.

Nothing is set in stone until after papers are signed on F1.

Quote from Armstead's dad on ESPN (premium) has Cal and Oregon mentioned prominently. Also has BK committed to Armstead not playing O-Line, but DE. Sounds like plenty of things to be worked out here, not announcing at All-Star game.

They're set up big. I'm glad we don't have to play them.

We have to play against Barry Sanders in the future, unfortunately. He looks very, very explosive and has his daddy's legs. The only thing I see when I think of him is Reggie Bush when he did that stutter step and took off for a TD against us in 2005.