Arik Armstead, USC Decommit

OklahomaIrish

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'S like saying you wouldnt want Lebron if he wanted to play center....

When you can get a stud athlete you get them

That reminds me of the little anecdote as to why the Blazers drafted Bowie instead of Jordan. They said they needed a center (they already had a jordan like player in clyde drexler)...someone said, "then draft Jordan and put him at center!"

hahahahahhaa i thought it was the funniest thing.

He could come in early (as early as the next couple of weeks) and play on a basketball scholarship. Once football starts, that scholly would turn to football. It's a rule.

BTW, his high school coach is doing everything he can to talk him out of coming early and wants him to finish out his senior year in a normal time frame.

He can't take the basketball scholarship without burning 2 years of football eligibility. Plus that logic makes no sense even if the rules allowed him to with they don't. As an EE they can put him in the 2011 class if need be or he goes as a 2012 whether he comes this winter or next summer.

He can't take the basketball scholarship without burning 2 years of football eligibility. Plus that logic makes no sense even if the rules allowed him to with they don't. As an EE they can put him in the 2011 class if need be or he goes as a 2012 whether he comes this winter or next summer.

So what you are saying is that if he comes 1 season to play on a BBall scholly that year is burnt for football too even if he's not going to play until the next year?

Does anyone else get Seantrell Henderson flashbacks with this kid?

Not really. Henderson was a weird recruitment.

That being said Cal may pull one awesome class. I think they can seriously land Shaq Thompson, Ishmael Adams, Bryce Treggs, Armstead and possibly Payton too.

Not really. Henderson was a weird recruitment.

That being said Cal may pull one awesome class. I think they can seriously land Shaq Thompson, Ishmael Adams, Bryce Treggs, Armstead and possibly Payton too.

What the heck is going on with Cal?? What have they ever won?? I can't say I ever remember them even winning the Pac 10 let alone a national title. What are their facilities like??

Well, if they do pull in these guys I'm glad it's them rather then USC.

What the heck is going on with Cal?? What have they ever won?? I can't say I ever remember them even winning the Pac 10 let alone a national title. What are their facilities like??

Well, if they do pull in these guys I'm glad it's them rather then USC.

Jeff Tedford is the Kirk Ferentz of the PAC-12. If Notre Dame can't get them, I'd love Cal to land those players. The reason being, they stay away from USC and Cal will never be a threat because that program wastes talent almost as well as Clemson does.

Jeff Tedford is the Kirk Ferentz of the PAC-12. If Notre Dame can't get them, I'd love Cal to land those players. The reason being, they stay away from USC and Cal will never be a threat because that program wastes talent almost as well as Clemson does.

Classic. Cal = Clemson West

Cal rumored to have gotten both Armsteads. Arik's brother will graduate and then transfer according to the local radio personalities... Ouch but oh well.

is cal recruiting him at defense end?

is he going to be able to play hoops for cal?

if both of those are yes, then i think it's a strong likelihood they get him.

• 3 weeks later...

Not necessarily new information, but I am encouraged that Arik hasn't announced for California, and didn't they lose their bowl game and look inept?? Not that we looked great, but our defensive future looks outstanding. Also, how good is Cal at basketball?? Notre Dames win over Pittsburgh shows how Brey can coach even when half the team was gone due to injury or leaving school early. I would love to play for Brey and his system. Big man would have lots of opportunities.

We have a better shot than most realize. He is NOT a Cal lock. Not even close.

Interested to see if he ends up taking his OV to Auburn and, if he does, what effect that has on everything. ND is either 1 of 2 or 1 of 3 schools being considered and he appears to really like the basketball opportunity at ND. All things considered, I'm darn happy with those odds.

We have a better shot than most realize. He is NOT a Cal lock. Not even close.

Interested to see if he ends up taking his OV to Auburn and, if he does, what effect that has on everything. ND is either 1 of 2 or 1 of 3 schools being considered and he appears to really like the basketball opportunity at ND. All things considered, I'm darn happy with those odds.

Any idea on timing?