Arik Armstead, USC Decommit

OklahomaIrish

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting and hope it plays into our favor. Assume if he enrolls early would do so under a football schollie and be considered a walk on for bball correct? Not sure if he would be able to manage hoops, Longo's winter weight program etc but if we could develop him for a year, would be a terrific add for '13. Would think Bama has the edge for football but would think we have the edge in hoops despite Bama having a decent team this year. Not a hoops fan so can Brey recruit? Maybe we could sneak Denbrock in with him!!

Really Brey has been a terrible Recruiter my opinion. Considering hes gotten a few transfers like Hansborugh and Martin. Harangody was only a 3 star. Brey does make though a lot of 3 stars into 5 stars in the past years- Wish this was like football. Last 5 star off the top of my head Brey got was Torin Francis who was decent not great.

Really Brey has been a terrible Recruiter my opinion. Considering hes gotten a few transfers like Hansborugh and Martin. Harangody was only a 3 star. Brey does make though a lot of 3 stars into 5 stars in the past years- Wish this was like football. Last 5 star off the top of my head Brey got was Torin Francis who was decent not great.

Guys, Brey doesn't recruit to the same model as the top rankings sites. ND players are recruited to play for 4 or 5 years, and personally, i think he usually develops them nicely over that time, sure they look for the 4 and 5 star pre-NBA guys but that's not the way the program has been going.

Any chance he comes on a basketball scholarship and walks on for football???
That would be incredibly awesome. He is ridiculously versatile. He could be a 2 way star in football on both lines and star on the basketball court. Not only is he huge, but he can shoot also. Flat out stud.

Any chance he comes on a basketball scholarship and walks on for football???
Zero chance but it is possible but it's not worth it as he or any other scholarship athlete of another sport but wants to walk on has to sit at least 2 seasons at those are eligible seasons that he can never get back so one couldn't save a year by redshirting.

He could come in early (as early as the next couple of weeks) and play on a basketball scholarship. Once football starts, that scholly would turn to football. It's a rule.

BTW, his high school coach is doing everything he can to talk him out of coming early and wants him to finish out his senior year in a normal time frame.

Even after his decommit I never thought we'd sign arik. Just a feeling. And to be honest, he's not that high on my list. Refuses to play his best position and I've just never been sold on his impact for us on D.

That'S like saying you wouldnt want Lebron if he wanted to play center....

When you can get a stud athlete you get them

That'S like saying you wouldnt want Lebron if he wanted to play center....

When you can get a stud athlete you get them

I understand what you're saying and I agree. All I'm saying is that I value him much less than some others on our board. Plus I don't believe we have much of a chance of getting him.