Arik Armstead, USC Decommit

OklahomaIrish

Arik Armstead had a GREAT visit and had a lot to say bout Notre Dame. He said the trip went well and "I wanted to know what it was like there, see how I fit it, what it's like on game day, what the campus is like, what the coaches are like. I got to know the players, got to see what the coaches are like out there. Being in Indiana, it's different from where I live and I got a feel for it. It wasn't shockingly different, just a new experience."

"They have a lot of tall athletic guys at Defensive End. They see me fitting that mold". He said he fits into the 4-3 or 3-4 scheme.

He talked extensively to coach Kelly and coach Brey. He is dead serious about basketball and Notre Dame is letting him know they are serious about him playing both sports. Coach Brey showed him a lot of tape on Harangody. Arik said he can do a lot of the things that Harangody did.

I just don't see how this could have gone any better, other then winning the game. Notre Dame laid out the red carpet for Arik and he said the trip was a TEN. Arik won't be making his decision for quite a while and he will attend the LSU/Alabama game. I just don't see how he could fit anywhere quite like he will at Notre Dame. I think Arik will be Irish in January.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, losing the game was significant, but things change a bit every week. Just look at what happened this past week. We look AWESOME in trouncing Navy and USC loses a heartbreaker to Stanford. I'm sure Arik was watching 'both' games. Now let's win another one this week against Wake and look good doing it.

• 4 weeks later...
Well things have changed since this last post, but the coaches were supposed to visit Arik this past weekend. Anybody have anything on your primo subscriptions?? Not giving up on this guy because he gave our visit a 10 even though we lost.

The visit was for today.

i just doubt very much that he will leave the west coast.........

Not so sure about that considering USC is out of the picture and he gave Notre Dame a 10 on his visit. I know he's looking but I don't think he stays on the coast. Don't forget basketball is a part of the equation and Brey is on him too!!!

Not so sure about that considering USC is out of the picture and he gave Notre Dame a 10 on his visit. I know he's looking but I don't think he stays on the coast. Don't forget basketball is a part of the equation and Brey is on him too!!!

is usc out of the picture? to what west coast schools has he taken official visits?

Brey could really help out here. If this kid really wants to play basketball, this might be his best opportunity at both sports. The basketball team sucks this year and needs someone in the post asap. If he is an early entry and can play, Armstead would be just what the doctor ordered. Brey could sell him on early playing time this year and better teams in future years judging by some of the recruits that will be coming in the next couple years.

If this kid is serious about both sports, don't under estimate this visit.

Edited by Domers23

I just read about Brey visiting Monday and this has me really excited. Excited, not just for our football team, but our basketball team needs a big man that can score. When Arik visited Notre Dame, coach Brey showed him a lot of video on Luke Harangody. Coach Brey would probably play Arik this season so that he can develop for next year. Maybe Abro comes back and Grant and Atkins develop rapidly. Could get exciting next year in both sports.

Oklahoma what you said is what ive been thinking about for the past days. If Abromitis comes back you got great freshman, talented back court, add Sherman the transfer, and get Cooley and others invloved not a bad looking team. Arik and Sherman will be two very big men inside with Cooley adding more muscle. Hopefully Arik makes the right choice here.