Arik Armstead, USC Decommit

OklahomaIrish

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last years accident ND has to be very conservative with any player or situation that might be considered a risk or even boarder line!!! Also, as has been stated before it does throw some credence to SC's medical staff!!

Go Irish

Edited by buirish

Because the staff didnt want to take a chance on the kid's health. We already have one casualty connected to Notre Dame, no one wants another. No one is sure what his illness is (from what I have heard), but I doubt ND would not waiver Armond and also get Arik for 4 years just because he has asthma. IF ND thought it was unsafe for Armond to play football at a high level, then it is best for them to keep him safe, even if that means losing Arik.

I can accept this. I had it in my head that Armond was cleared by his own doctor and that USC was just playing politics to add another scholarship.

jim brown, deion sanders, bo jackson and my favorite dave winfield....the guy got offers to play in the NBA, MLB and the NFL.......

Winfield is also my favorite. Not just offers to play in all three sports. Would have been a first round draft pick in all three sports. Now that is impressive...

Winfield is also my favorite. Not just offers to play in all three sports. Would have been a first round draft pick in all three sports. Now that is impressive...

Sorry guys, I have to weigh in on Winfield. I can reluctantly acknowledge his athletic skills and accomplishments. But I can't celebrate anything about the guy. The ugly side of his character showed up 40 years ago in Minneapolis during a college basketball game and shouldn't be forgotten. Here's a cut from the Sports Illustrated article on the brawl at the end of the game.

"Fred Taylor pulled off Behagen who, according to Taylor, screamed, "Let me go, man, let me go." Dave Winfield, who recently joined the Gopher varsity, joined the fray, too, dodging to mid-court where some Minnesota reserves and civilians were trying to wrestle Ohio State substitute Mark Wagar to the floor. Winfield leaped on top of Wagar when he was down and hit him five times with his right fist on the face and head. When the stunned Wagar managed to slip away, a fan pushed him to the floor and another caught him on the chin with a hard punch from the side."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1085766/index.htm

Well, it's D DAY. Supposedly Arik Armstead makes his announcement today. Sadly I feel it is certainly not us, but still hold a sliver of hope. I remember how things turned our way last year. To tell you the truth I am ready for this thread to die. I'm ready to enter those dark cold days after national signing day when we have very little fodder to chew on. Sure, Hawaii and probably myself, will fabricate some off season reading material by rehashing old material and infusing a bit of optimistic rationale, but the truth is, this is the hardest time of the year for Notre Dame football junkies.

If, by some miracle, Arik chooses Notre Dame, it will make this good recruiting class a very good one. But no worries. We got what we needed. We needed Tee more then anyone and Gunner makes our quarterback posse as good as anyone's in the country. Our receiving corp will have some depth and the defensive line will remain very good for years to come. Now let's start out winning next year and have a stellar recruiting class that makes us 3 deep at every position with a quality exciting player. We are on the rise, but the 0-2 start really was a curse that slowed things down. This will be a good class in retrospect. It will be a class that didn't hurt us, sandwiched inbetween two dynamic difference making classes--all we have to do is beat the teams we are supposed to beat.

I read somewhere he announces at 5 pm CT. I gues that means central time zone?? I found that strange since he is in the pacific time zone.

That was probably someone just translating the time into their own zone. I doubt he's coming two time zones east to announce.