Arik Armstead, USC Decommit

OklahomaIrish

Even if Armond and/or Arik eventually grace us with their presence, I'm disappointed that they couldn't reach a decision and now have to delay the next step -- it only puts us and them behind where they could have been. I'm sure they will both make excellent contributions wherever they go, but especially in Armond's case, that's a whole 6 months that he could have been in the new system, working with his new S&C coach, learning the playbook, participating in practices, and meshing with his new team. If Armond is hoping to get some NFL interest, I don't think he has done himself any favors, but that of course if for him to decide; however, I think he is also shortchanging his eventual team, too.

The same could be said for Arik, but at least he has 4 years ahead of him.

Certainly it would be best for Armond to be on board as soon as possible---but it is out of his control. No medical clearance--no play.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Armond and/or Arik eventually grace us with their presence, I'm disappointed that they couldn't reach a decision and now have to delay the next step -- it only puts us and them behind where they could have been. I'm sure they will both make excellent contributions wherever they go, but especially in Armond's case, that's a whole 6 months that he could have been in the new system, working with his new S&C coach, learning the playbook, participating in practices, and meshing with his new team. If Armond is hoping to get some NFL interest, I don't think he has done himself any favors, but that of course if for him to decide; however, I think he is also shortchanging his eventual team, too.

The same could be said for Arik, but at least he has 4 years ahead of him.

exactly what school could Armond have made a decision for? he hasn't been cleared to play by any school so he HAD NO CHOICE but to delay his decision...i guess i can't comprehend what you are even saying about being disappointed he couldn't make a decision...there is no decision he could have made at this point

exactly what school could Armond have made a decision for? he hasn't been cleared to play by any school so he HAD NO CHOICE but to delay his decision...i guess i can't comprehend what you are even saying about being disappointed he couldn't make a decision...there is no decision he could have made at this point

Thank you, a1ND and Oklahoma. I hadn't accounted for this rather important detail.

Hey Arik, if you want to play basketball and football, did you see Notre Dame take apart the #1 basketball team in the country? That should get your attention, I would think!

You know, he probably watched the game on tv. I sure hope so. I can't imagine a more exciting and emotional enviornment other then what Notre Dame can provide. I was at the Notre Dame / Connecticut game and it didn't have all that excitement, but that arena is so sweet. It's better and more colorfull then Duke's. It has such a awesome 'feel' to it. I wish Arik could have been at the Syracuse game. How can anyone not want to be a part of that. If he looks into the program he will see that we will be top; of the Big East very soon. These kids are all coming back except Martin and we have 3 fabulous recruits for next year. We also have a 6' 10'' transfer that will play next year and the 6' 9'' Katenda, thought to be lost due to injury, will be a force of a shot blocker next year. The future is amazing in both football and basketbll---surely you can see that Arik. Come join us!!!!

You know, he probably watched the game on tv. I sure hope so. I can't imagine a more exciting and emotional enviornment other then what Notre Dame can provide. I was at the Notre Dame / Connecticut game and it didn't have all that excitement, but that arena is so sweet. It's better and more colorfull then Duke's. It has such a awesome 'feel' to it. I wish Arik could have been at the Syracuse game. How can anyone not want to be a part of that. If he looks into the program he will see that we will be top; of the Big East very soon. These kids are all coming back except Martin and we have 3 fabulous recruits for next year. We also have a 6' 10'' transfer that will play next year and the 6' 9'' Katenda, thought to be lost due to injury, will be a force of a shot blocker next year. The future is amazing in both football and basketbll---surely you can see that Arik. Come join us!!!!

I also heard that Abro wants to come back next year if they will honor his medical hardship. They could be awesome.

I'm not convinced arik will be anything more then a practice player for the basketball team. Where is he ranked as a BB player. Hard to see him getting PT in the Big east.

Also, has anyone heard that bama is getting into the race for arik? When he delayed his decision I figured more teams could get involved.

I'm not convinced arik will be anything more then a practice player for the basketball team. Where is he ranked as a BB player. Hard to see him getting PT in the Big east.

Also, has anyone heard that bama is getting into the race for arik? When he delayed his decision I figured more teams could get involved.

Coach Brey was excited about Arik. I presume it was real. He took time and showed Arik film of Luke Harangody and said he saw him in a role like that. Arik is a legitimate division one player. Would he play a lot at Notre Dame? Not year one, not with all these guys mentioned above, but if he is anything like Harangody he will be seeing pt at some point.

Coach Brey was excited about Arik. I presume it was real. He took time and showed Arik film of Luke Harangody and said he saw him in a role like that. Arik is a legitimate division one player. Would he play a lot at Notre Dame? Not year one, not with all these guys mentioned above, but if he is anything like Harangody he will be seeing pt at some point.

I'm not sure arik is in luke's class as a player or he'd be much higher ranked. Charlie ward is the only guy I can think of who pulled off the feat you are suggesting.

I'm not sure arik is in luke's class as a player or he'd be much higher ranked. Charlie ward is the only guy I can think of who pulled off the feat you are suggesting.

Donovan McNabb, and then Ronald Curry and Julius Peppers at NC. Also, Antwan Randle El and James Hardy each respectively played football and basketball for a couple years until each left basketball to focus on their burgeoning football careers.

Just a few I can think of. Greg Paulus never played both basketball and football at the same time, but he did play both, and was a high level recruit coming out of high school for both sports. Gary Harris, this year, was receiving football interest from a lot of schools until he stated he was only going to play basketball in college (damn Spartans...).

Terry Baker is a former quarterback for the Oregon State University football team. He played for them through the 1960-1962 seasons. He is most notable for winning the 1962 Heisman Trophy and playing the Final Four in the NCAA Basketball Tournament in the same school year. To date, he is the only person to have both won a Heisman Trophy and played in the Final Four. He played as a point guard on the basketball team. He played football for Oregon State from 1960 through 1962. During the '62 season, he threw for 3,476 yards and 23 touchdowns. He also ran for 1503 yards and 15 touchdowns. Source: Wikipedia

Arik was on campus when things were so electric and the campus was stunning. The weather was perfect. The excitement at Notre Dame is building with other sports excelling. Not only did the men defeat the #1 team in the country, but the women sell out the Joyce (Purcell Pavillion) every single game and that program will just continue to stay at the very top. Muffet has an outstanding recruiting class coming in. In the last 6 days my daughter who is in the band, witnessed a number one team (Syracuse) and a #3 team (Michigan) go down literally within a few hours. The new hockey arena is gorgeous and we may have the top ice hockey program in the country. Just sayin, if Arik looks on this board, no university has a future like Notre Dame.