J. Jones Update

kvilleirish

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes its jarron jones---we have a very good shot with this talented , very large young recruit.--He is clearly not satisfied with PSU, i like our chances after this visit. A good visit will put us in excellent shape.

aloha's

did he indicate that he was dissatisfied with psu or is that based solely on his visit after committing to psu?

it's definitely a good thing that we are getting a visit. even if he loves his visit, it's a long way to signing day and i wouldnt sit that comfortably with a guy who commits and decommits before committing elsewhere all before the start of his senior year. i dont mind if he's having second thoughts, but as we point out all the time 18-year old kids are the most reliable.

I thought it might have been June Jones or Julius Jones or Jerry Jones! :)

i'd welcome julius back for a third time although he'd have to bulk up to cover defensive tackle.

jerry can come play on our practice squad so that he can get the snot kicked out of him.

Yes its jarron jones---we have a very good shot with this talented , very large young recruit.--He is clearly not satisfied with PSU, i like our chances after this visit. A good visit will put us in excellent shape.

aloha's

I would not say that he is dissatisfied with Penn State. I'd simply say that he is keeping his options open as he has stated from day one. When he committed to Penn State he said that same day that he will still look at other schools and take some visits. Around that time he mentioned ND as one of those visits.

• 2 weeks later...
Got this off GH. This is off his facebook.

Quote from his facebook page "Notre Dame was sick. met alot of the players and coaches even Ishaq Williams and Manti T'eo. I love this place".

Sick? All of Notre Dame? I heard there was a flu going around...

Got this off GH. This is off his facebook.

Quote from his facebook page "Notre Dame was sick. met alot of the players and coaches even Ishaq Williams and Manti T'eo. I love this place".

Great to hear! He is still one of my favorite players in this class. Would be a great get.

This is just what i expected from this visit---my hopes for a strong finish count on J JONES/B MARSHALL/A PEAT/B TREGGS

This may signal one down in that group---

There was BUZZ about this recruit before the visit and now we are "SICK"--:-)

I am laying 2 to 1 Jarron will be IRISH by november 1 at the latest!

aloha's go irish!

Can we add Payton to your list Hawaii? His de-commit from USC makes me feel pretty confident about him and he'd be a huge get.

He's going to visit a lot of places and I would only put ND in the top ten at the moment. Oklahoma. Florida. Oregon and Miami are players here too.

Edited by TheRizz

he'll go with one of the pac10/12 schools.......ASU seems like a contender.......

I thought I saw something about Payton planning an ND visit. Agree that we are outside looking in, at the moment. I say he leaves the West Coast, to a traditional power.

ASU is interesting case, as they have the needs, but also have 4 WR committed - 3 from the same HS.