Ishaq Williams - Notre Dame Commit

hawaiiirish

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, bleacher is pretty unprofessional and has little credibility. Its like the wikipedia of sports news--maybe worse, some of the stuff is legit but anyone can write articles on it. Just click on the "sign up button" at the top right corner it'll ask you your name, email and password, with a question giving you the option to cover your favorite sports teams.

I thought I read a teaser somewhere that he's ready to decide. Last I read is Diaco and Kelly made their last pitch at his home too. I hope we get this one.

That's on ISD. Members can read more. He may very well be ready, but still announce at the AA game.

I doubt weather has anything to do with it since both places suck in the winter, hell maybe he likes snow. Personally I think this will come down to how hard he wants to work in school on his education while playing football. Will he take the easy way out or will he accept the challenge?

Syracuse is hardly an "easy way out." Academics there are very good.

If he wants to graduate, he will and it won't matter where he goes.

Plenty of courses are top of the line but they also offer a few where you can basically just skirt by. Just saying...don't kill the messenger.

For athletes Syracuse is a joke. Remember Deshaun Williams? He was on of the best players in the Big East but had an attitude and drinking problem.

Syracuse kept Deshaun Williams around and kept passing him even though he was NEVER attended classes. His drinking lead to multiple brawls and he eventually got a DWI. Syracuse finally decides to toss him after three full years of this nonsense and an assault on a girl.

Jim Boeheim casked Jeff Ruland who was the coach at Ion at the time to give Williams a chance. Ruland listens and gives the kid a chance...at first he did well.. He started drinking again and stopped showing for classes so Iona dismissed him from the school....he floated through Syracuse for three years and nobody cared. At Iona they practically had 24 hour watch on this kid and when he stopped showing for classes they tossed him like they were supposed to.

Most major institutions have a few very good programs. You can get a great education at Syracuse if you wish.... it is a degree mill for athletes for the most part. It is a joke.

Edited by NYC12

I was at SU the same time he was. I used to see him at Harry's Bar and Grill all the time. My friend accidentally stepped on his shoe and Williams freaked out, said somethingto my friende about "getting got." Whatever. He was a total asshole.

He got liquored up at either Konrad's or Darwin's and asked the girl who played Otto (mascot) to dance or something along those lines. She said "no" and he blasted her in the face. I didn't see the punch, but I saw the aftermath. A 6'4" dude unloading on a small girl's grill is not a pretty sight.

You added "if you wish". That's my point.

I was at SU the same time he was. I used to see him at Harry's Bar and Grill all the time. My friend accidentally stepped on his shoe and Williams freaked out, said somethingto my friende about "getting got." Whatever. He was a total asshole.

He got liquored up at either Konrad's or Darwin's and asked the girl who played Otto (mascot) to dance or something along those lines. She said "no" and he blasted her in the face. I didn't see the punch, but I saw the aftermath. A 6'4" dude unloading on a small girl's grill is not a pretty sight.

You added "if you wish". That's my point.

it is a shame because of the schools once great history in Football. The hoops team runs wild and they need to reel that in. Syracuse should be able to put great hoops teams out there without resorting to the crap they let go. I would also love to see them get their shit together in football.

it snows so much in Syracuse they have underground tunnels for students to walk to get to classes between buildings! He's seen snow in NYC but nothing like the blizzards Syracuse gets regularly.

On the other hand the Orange have a proud tradition in football, Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Floyd Little, Donovan McNabb. I am sure the coaching staff has used Jim Brown to whisper in his ear!

I hope we can lure him away!

it is a shame because of the schools once great history in Football. The hoops team runs wild and they need to reel that in. Syracuse should be able to put great hoops teams out there without resorting to the crap they let go. I would also love to see them get their shit together in football.

Doug Marrone was a perfect hire. He's an alum who knows the school's limitations (location, weather, basketball first). He also has the NFL resume that a lot of kids like.

In two years, he's made them respectable again. I wasn't sure that would happen again after the Pasqualoni and Robinson debacles.

it snows so much in Syracuse they have underground tunnels for students to walk to get to classes between buildings! He's seen snow in NYC but nothing like the blizzards Syracuse gets regularly.

Come to the sunny tropics of South Bend, Ishaq! Get away from the Finger Lakes misery while you have the chance! The Cuse gets at least 6 blizzards per winter -- we only get five!

ok guys............we all had our fun............let's get back to Ishaq...........Cuse fan, you are welcome to stay as long as you remain civil; however, if you insist on hijacking threads to impress the board with your vast knowledge, you will be banned...........all subsequent derogatory posts will be deleted.....i don't want to lock this thread, so let's keep it civil........thanks