Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old 11-06-2020, 05:16 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGoldenDomer View Post
That's a sweet setup
Thanks man. I was originally looking for a 2 tap True Kegerator, but I found this 5 tap one being sold on CL by a craft brewery nearby that was going under. The price was too good to pass up and I just ended up refurbishing the entire thing---new paint, new lines, new faucets, etc...

Moving it was a a whole different story, becuase it weighs about 800 pounds. What Im finding that's really nice is that it's size allows is to double as a garage fridge since there is so much space leftover....
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose

Last edited by echo88; 11-06-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 11-07-2020, 01:24 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
And with that said, my local Bev had some Equilibrium IPAs so I grabbed a couple. I'll let you know!
How was it?
Old 11-08-2020, 12:22 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2Dokes View Post
How was it?
Haven't had one yet. I'll let you know.
Old 11-14-2020, 05:07 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Who do y’all think has the best barrel aged program? I am going to go with Firestone Walker, I just enjoyed a 2019 sucaba last night. They kill it and honestly have some of the most accessible ba beers. Love to here everyone’s thoughts as this style is easily my favorite.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:26 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Who do y’all think has the best barrel aged program? I am going to go with Firestone Walker, I just enjoyed a 2019 sucaba last night. They kill it and honestly have some of the most accessible ba beers. Love to here everyone’s thoughts as this style is easily my favorite.
Firestone is pretty amazing. If you're ever in their neck of the woods, their bar that is attached to the brewery is an old semi truck repair shop. They have instruments on the wall that they encourage patrons to take down to play along with whatever live band they have booked. Its a really cool, fun time...
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 11-14-2020, 09:43 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
How was it?
Ok so I had a very smooth IPA called Einstein's Little Favorite. Brewed with orange and vanilla and it was delicious.

Last edited by NYGoldenDomer; 11-14-2020 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2020, 11:11 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
Firestone is pretty amazing. If you're ever in their neck of the woods, their bar that is attached to the brewery is an old semi truck repair shop. They have instruments on the wall that they encourage patrons to take down to play along with whatever live band they have booked. Its a really cool, fun time...
Hey! Look at that we agree on something. That’s what I love about good beer, brings people together.
Yeah, I haven’t been to so cal since in my early 20s, but will for sure check it out if I go again and Stone I heard is awesome atmosphere as well.
Quote:
Ok so I had a very smooth IPA called Einstein's Little Favorite. Brewed with orange and vanilla and it was delicious.
Yum! Looks good. Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 11-14-2020, 11:39 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Hey! Look at that we agree on something. That’s what I love about good beer, brings people together.
Yeah, I haven’t been to so cal since in my early 20s, but will for sure check it out if I go again and Stone I heard is awesome atmosphere as well.

Yum! Looks good. Glad you enjoyed it.
I have two more. One is a 10ABV DIPA and I forgot the other IPA. I think it was also another orange flavored. Maybe orange and creme? Creamsicle maybe?
Old 11-14-2020, 11:50 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
I have two more. One is a 10ABV DIPA and I forgot the other IPA. I think it was also another orange flavored. Maybe orange and creme? Creamsicle maybe?
What’s the dipa you got?
Old 11-15-2020, 12:17 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
What’s the dipa you got?
I'm not sure. I would have to double check when I get home and get back to you on that one(I'm working at the moment).
Old 11-15-2020, 05:15 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
I like the packaging of the beer and your presentation (nice glass/pour). I am not familiar with the beer but I will look for it.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:33 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
I'm in the Midwest, so FW is not an option for me (but, I'd be happy to run some swaps on you if you're ever looking for something that's not distributed beyond the MW).

The big names in my neck of the woods are Founders and Bell's. Founder's definitely puts out some quality BA's but it seems like they've lost a little of their mojo, recently, IMHO. Transient can be a bit hit or miss (and doesn't distribute) but they put up some great stuff.
That being said, they best I've had is probably Avery out of Boulder. Lots of variety, pretty good consistency and huge ABV's.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:25 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
I'm in the Midwest, so FW is not an option for me (but, I'd be happy to run some swaps on you if you're ever looking for something that's not distributed beyond the MW).

The big names in my neck of the woods are Founders and Bell's. Founder's definitely puts out some quality BA's but it seems like they've lost a little of their mojo, recently, IMHO. Transient can be a bit hit or miss (and doesn't distribute) but they put up some great stuff.
That being said, they best I've had is probably Avery out of Boulder. Lots of variety, pretty good consistency and huge ABV's.
FW actually distributes to Il and Indiana. I agree about founders, but if you haven’t tried their new KBS with mackinaw fudge you should. Avery is great too yep.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:18 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
FW actually distributes to Il and Indiana. I agree about founders, but if you haven’t tried their new KBS with mackinaw fudge you should. Avery is great too yep.
Yeah, I've got KBS Fudge downstairs and it's solid. Thanks for the tip on FW, I'll see if family in IN can nab some for me.
https://www.brewbound.com/news/city-built-brewing-company-to-release-fibonacci-inspired-stout-series/ that I mentioned on a previous post. You can only get it around here but it is something special. Next one in the series is the 21-hour which promises to be a monster. The 13 was the first PB stout that I've gone back to and it was really great.
Looking forward to them dropping a BA version at some point in the future, though I'm not sure you can get a beer to hold up much past 20% ABV.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:15 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
What’s the dipa you got?
I was mistaken, its actually a tipa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamshaBua View Post
I like the packaging of the beer and your presentation (nice glass/pour). I am not familiar with the beer but I will look for it.
Thank you.