Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 01-14-2020, 09:41 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
I don't think Ed O is some flavor of world-beater coach, but his success at LSU should be a clear indicator that sometimes coaches flourish with a different program. He didn't accomplish anything at Ole Miss....and now we is at the helm of a team that destroyed Clemson.

That's why BK might be more successful at a different college program and why we shouldnt limit ourselves to the tight consideration of what any HC prospects from other programs have managed....
It's also amazing to look back and realize that Coach O was not LSU's first or second choice. They wanted Tom Herman and Jimbo Fisher (I think it was Fisher). Coach O only became the guy because LSU couldn't get anyone else.

I agree with you completely. Nobody will confuse Coach O with Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. But that is a player's coach who has surrounded himself with an incredible staff. He did an interview about what he learned from his time at Ole Miss, and he basically said that he learned to trust his staff and not be a complete a-hole to his players/coaches. He is still an incredible motivator (some of the stories about him are legendary), but he is much calmer and lets his assistants take control. He has one of the Top 5 defensive coordinators in college in Dave Aranda and Joe Brady is obviously the next big thing. He recruits his *** off and loves the university. I hope ND can find someone like that when the next head coaching search begins in about 3 years.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-14-2020, 10:25 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Brady going to be Carolinaís OC.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:26 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Now Dave Aranda is becoming the HC at Baylor. ND needs to make sure Lea is locked up, don’t want another Elko situation. LSU should not have more $ than ND, pay him whatever it takes

Last edited by ELDER06; 01-16-2020 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:51 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Now Dave Aranda is becoming the HC at Baylor. ND needs to make sure Lea is locked up, donít want another Elko situation. LSU should not have more $ than ND, pay him whatever it takes
Should have lots of funds free since we are paying Tommy in bitcoin to be OC...
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 01-16-2020, 09:51 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Should have lots of funds free since we are paying Tommy in bitcoin to be OC...
That and ND actually has more $ as university.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:02 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
That and ND actually has more $ as university.
And my point is now we have even more. OC and DC are next highest paychecks behind head coach.
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 01-16-2020, 10:05 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
And my point is now we have even more. OC and DC are next highest paychecks behind head coach.
I guess thatís a silver lining towards the Rees hire. And I havenít heard anything about Lea drawing interest from LSU, but youíve got to be prepared, cannot get blindsided like 2 yrs ago.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:20 AM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
I guess thatís a silver lining towards the Rees hire. And I havenít heard anything about Lea drawing interest from LSU, but youíve got to be prepared, cannot get blindsided like 2 yrs ago.
Very true, cant let that happen again.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:55 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

I really have no worries that Lea would leave ND for LSU. By all accounts, he loves ND, has a young family who is comfortable in South Bend, and has a young and talented defense coming back in 2020 for his third season. This will be his last year as heíll have plenty of HC opportunities after the season. Canít see him making a lateral move for one year considering what he has built the last two seasons.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:47 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tneun89 View Post
I really have no worries that Lea would leave ND for LSU. By all accounts, he loves ND, has a young family who is comfortable in South Bend, and has a young and talented defense coming back in 2020 for his third season. This will be his last year as heíll have plenty of HC opportunities after the season. Canít see him making a lateral move for one year considering what he has built the last two seasons.
$ talks. I do think ND will lose him if the Vandy gig comes open, which unless thereís a drastic turnaround next year, I think it will be.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:11 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
$ talks. I do think ND will lose him if the Vandy gig comes open, which unless thereís a drastic turnaround next year, I think it will be.
Absolutely. I expect him to jump for a HC position after the 2020 season. I think he will have some good P5 options, like Vandy. Apparently, he was runner-up for the BC job. I just don't think he makes a lateral move before this season. ND has talent coming back on defense and the system has effectively been in place for 4 seasons. Everyone is comfortable. Leaving ND for LSU just doesn't make sense, even if they offered him more money. By the way, I think ND pays their coordinators really well now - maybe not as much as some programs (LSU and A&M), but pretty close to that top tier.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:46 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goirish83 View Post
Very true, cant let that happen again.
Good news is it looks like Bo Pelinni is going to be LSU DC. Lea should be around at least 1 more season
Old 01-27-2020, 09:45 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tneun89 View Post
By the way, I think ND pays their coordinators really well now - maybe not as much as some programs (LSU and A&M), but pretty close to that top tier.
Curious to know what 27 year-old offensive coordinator Tom Rees is now making.
They must really believe in him. Hope he makes a believe out of all of us!
Old 01-28-2020, 06:26 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
Curious to know what 27 year-old offensive coordinator Tom Rees is now making.
They must really believe in him. Hope he makes a believe out of all of us!
Again, donít like the decision, but I hope Iím wrong. Heís the ND OC, so I hope he does exceedingly well.