Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-22-2019, 04:16 PM
Frankus Frankus is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Granger, IN
Posts: 3,518
Default 3rd and long

Here's how often Ian Book faced 3rd and long situations and the result.

Drive 1: 3rd & 11-Ian Book pass incomplete to Lawrence Keys III- Result: Punt

Drive 2: 3rd & 14 - Ian Book pass complete to Tony Jones Jr. for 12 yds- Result: Incompletion on 4th down

Drive 3: 3rd & 9- Ian Book pass complete to Chase Claypool for 15 yds- Result: 1st down

Drive 3: 3rd & 11 - Ian Book pass complete to Avery Davis for 2 yds- Result: Punt

Drive 4: The GA punt fumble drive- Result: TD.

Drive 5: 3rd & 7 - Ian Book pass incomplete to Javon McKinley- Result: FG

Drive 6: 3rd & 6 - Ian Book pass intercepted

Drive 7- 3rd & 8 - Ian Book pass complete to Lawrence Keys III for 5 yds- Result: Punt

Drive 8 - 3rd & 7- Ian Book pass incomplete to Chris Finke- Result: Punt

Drive 9- The Flea Flicker interception on 1st down. This drive actually had a 3rd and 1 which we successfully ran for a 1st down.

Drive 10: 3rd & 7- Ian Book run for 9 yds- - Result:1st down in a drive that resulted in a TD

Drive 11: 3rd & 8- Ian Book pass incomplete to Chase Claypool

Drive 11: 4th & 8- Ian Book pass incomplete to Chase Claypool- Result: End of game
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #2  
Old 09-22-2019, 04:29 PM
nd2000 nd2000 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 26
Default

No offense in football will be good in 3rd and long against a proper defense. The stuff that leads to 3rd and long is the root of the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-23-2019, 02:39 PM
imroc's Avatar
imroc imroc is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CO
Posts: 2,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2000 View Post
No offense in football will be good in 3rd and long against a proper defense. The stuff that leads to 3rd and long is the root of the problem.
This^

Itís a shame even have the above stats of that many 3rd and longs. Somebody needs to step up really soon in that run game, other than Ian.

TJ Jr - 9 att 21 yds - 2.3yds avg
Book - 3 att - 18 yds - 6 yds avg

This simply will not work for long.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-23-2019, 02:45 PM
Frankus Frankus is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Granger, IN
Posts: 3,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imroc View Post
This^

It’s a shame even have the above stats of that many 3rd and longs. Somebody needs to step up really soon in that run game, other than Ian.

TJ Jr - 9 att 21 yds - 2.3yds avg
Book - 3 att - 18 yds - 6 yds avg

This simply will not work for long.
The offensive line is soft, has poor technique and is undisciplined. It is probably the most highly ranked of all our position groups in terms of talent coming out of high school, but it is obvious that they are not well coached and are soft. If you watch the offensive line, and then watch the linebackers, the difference in toughness and technique is obvious.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-23-2019, 03:02 PM
imroc's Avatar
imroc imroc is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CO
Posts: 2,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankus View Post
The offensive line is soft, has poor technique and is undisciplined. It is probably the most highly ranked of all our position groups in terms of talent coming out of high school, but it is obvious that they are not well coached and are soft. If you watch the offensive line, and then watch the linebackers, the difference in toughness and technique is obvious.
Frankus, do you see anything hinting to improvement from week to week?
Sadly, Iím barely catching up on CFB this season. Having some family med issues to deal with and didnít even see any bit of camp coverage going into this season

Canít complain tho! Lol, i think my blood pressure is lower this season, watching games via dvr after knowing results
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:05 AM.

Last Updated: October 13, 2019

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.