Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2019, 12:00 PM
Domer Domain All American

Default We Should Fall to #11 or #12

What do yall think? Texas could hop us, but I don’t really see any other teams that should be in front of us except the Top 15 undefeateds. So, basically, Auburn, UF, Wisconsin, PSU, and maybe Texas depending on the voters. Anyway, just my guess...

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-22-2019, 12:11 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
What do yall think? Texas could hop us, but I don’t really see any other teams that should be in front of us except the Top 15 undefeateds. So, basically, Auburn, UF, Wisconsin, PSU, and maybe Texas depending on the voters. Anyway, just my guess...
I think ND stays in the top 10.
And generates a lot of discussion by doing so.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:20 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

I think anywhere from 8-12 is fine and about right. Still too early to know much, but losing close to #3 on the road shouldn't drop them too far. Auburn and Wisconsin are the only two who "deserve" to move ahead, but even Wisconsin's win over Michigan isn't a great as it would have been.

If a pollster thought ND was ahead of Florida last week, what would have changed this week? Same with Penn St.

I think they'll be 8, 9 or 10, Auburn jumping for sure, Wisconsin maybe and it being close with Florida.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:08 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

This team is good. Good enough to compete with a team that a lot of people across the nation and people on this message board thought would destroy ND. I heard a lot of **** this whole week about Georgia, They are too big, too fast and so on. This ND team is talented, the D is legit IMO. I think as players come back from injury on offense the offense is only going to get better. I think this team is fully capable of going 11-1.

At the end of the day I think this teams future relies on Lea. I think Lea is going to be a great head coach, maybe I am way off base. I think ND needs to give him a go at HC once Kelly is gone.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:28 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaverIrish View Post
This team is good. Good enough to compete with a team that a lot of people across the nation and people on this message board thought would destroy ND. I heard a lot of **** this whole week about Georgia, They are too big, too fast and so on. This ND team is talented, the D is legit IMO. I think as players come back from injury on offense the offense is only going to get better. I think this team is fully capable of going 11-1.

At the end of the day I think this teams future relies on Lea. I think Lea is going to be a great head coach, maybe I am way off base. I think ND needs to give him a go at HC once Kelly is gone.
I like your thinking on Lea. Maybe he is our next Dabo?? I would have no problem giving him a shot if and when BK steps down. I would rather take a chance on a young guy that could be great, than a retread that isn’t currently one of the top coaches. Go young and see what happens!
Old 09-22-2019, 01:38 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

This team is not good...they are undisciplined, make too many mistakes. Oh YEAH they are 1-6 vs top 5 teams. Yeah this team is real good. THEY ARE OUT THE PLAYOFFS. 1 and done. This is why it will never change at this school because everyone here is ok with almost ...good ole college try. THIS isn't the 50's and 60's nobody cares about our shiny helmets they continue hand us them loses everytime we play sec teams. LSU BOWL GameS DON'T COUNT.
M.S.B.C
S.C.S.B.C
A.S.B.C
DEADSPIN.COM S.B.C
Old 09-22-2019, 02:34 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgandonor View Post
This team is not good...they are undisciplined, make too many mistakes. Oh YEAH they are 1-6 vs top 5 teams. Yeah this team is real good. THEY ARE OUT THE PLAYOFFS. 1 and done. This is why it will never change at this school because everyone here is ok with almost ...good ole college try. THIS isn't the 50's and 60's nobody cares about our shiny helmets they continue hand us them loses everytime we play sec teams. LSU BOWL GameS DON'T COUNT.
Fans like you are too much... There’s more important sh*t in the world than crying about our team barely losing to a team who outmatched them across the board. But, hey, keep up the tantrum... Yes, I agree we aren’t as disciplined as we were in the past, but it can be fixed. I’m sure they’re working on it. Also, they’ve NEVER played in an environment like they played in last night...ever. I wanted to be ticked about the penalties but that place looked impossible. Either way, yall are just too much... at least we didn’t get curb stomped like Michigan.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:50 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:

Excellent point. If Armstrong and Smith come back and the offense starts rolling. And I mean rolling like tOSU did that one year to a drumming of 66-14 opponents, I think ND still has an outside shot. ND could say, we didn't have our two play makers and just started rolling when they played Georgia.

For polling, ND either goes to 10 or eleven.. most likely with 11 in my eyes. With Auburn, Wisky, Florida, and perhaps Penn. St leaping us. The last two only becaused they are still flawless in record. So that's fine. Texas will not jump us. They needed a miracle to beat OSU at home. They still look a year away to me. So ND in at 11 how you had it.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:17 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
Fans like you are too much... There’s more important sh*t in the world than crying about our team barely losing to a team who outmatched them across the board. But, hey, keep up the tantrum... Yes, I agree we aren’t as disciplined as we were in the past, but it can be fixed. I’m sure they’re working on it. Also, they’ve NEVER played in an environment like they played in last night...ever. I wanted to be ticked about the penalties but that place looked impossible. Either way, yall are just too much... at least we didn’t get curb stomped like Michigan.
I'm making this into a shirt...
Old 09-22-2019, 05:35 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:

Agree wholeheartedly with that thought!
Old 09-22-2019, 05:37 PM
Domer Domain Junior

10 in Amway coaches poll.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:13 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
No idea what you've been on about over the last 24 hours, but even i had no problem with losing on a last second broken up pass to an SEC juggernaut in their house.

Bk made a few coaching errors, but officiating was fair, he admitted that he didnt have the team prepared for a silent count due to crowd noise, and we looked every bit the part of a team that can hang w top 5 teams and not get embarrassed.

I wish we'd won, but i believed Kirby when he said at halftime that he was concerned about losing the game.
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 09-22-2019, 10:55 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

On topic, we’re #10 in the AP
Old 09-22-2019, 10:58 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
The record crowd at UGA stadium, ESPN Game Day on campus, and prime time game all heavily suggest a lot of people do care about those shined helmets.
ND draws a crowd and attention. For the last 3 seasons they’ve deserved it. Football fans of all stripes want to see ND play their team. Stadiums routinely sell out when ND comes to town. Fans of other teams make a pilgrimage to Notre Dame when their team finally gets to play ND at ND.
People care. Not just ND fans.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:59 PM
Domer Domain Junior

ND is back.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:07 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

ND # 10 in AP poll.