Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-01-2020, 06:37 AM
Jim2Dokes Jim2Dokes is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,158
Default Great JRE podcast on Converting White Nationalists

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...9_daryl_davis/

Link provided! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #2  
Old 02-01-2020, 12:31 PM
irishwavend's Avatar
irishwavend irishwavend is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Happiest Place on Earth, FL
Posts: 6,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2Dokes View Post
Do they have any tips on converting socialist, open borders, reverse-racist, domestic terorist snowflakes, too? Asking for a friend... 🤣🤣🤣
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2020, 08:11 PM
Handsome Jack Handsome Jack is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 994
Default

Yeah, white nationalism is one of our biggest problems along with their 2000 followers in a country of 330 million.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-02-2020, 02:03 PM
NDhoosier's Avatar
NDhoosier NDhoosier is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 6,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
Yeah, white nationalism is one of our biggest problems along with their 2000 followers in a country of 330 million.
Good point. The only reason people think white nationalists have any power is because the media keeps making it look like they are still worth talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-02-2020, 07:09 PM
Kelly Gruene Kelly Gruene is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Posts: 1,812
Default

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...-more-militant

I think this may be at least as big of a problem.
Note the sourcing of this link please.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-03-2020, 05:10 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 4,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
Do they have any tips on converting socialist, open borders, reverse-racist, domestic terorist snowflakes, too? Asking for a friend... 🤣🤣🤣
I like JR, but I absolutely loathe Sanders. Does JR not realize how much his taxes are going to sky rocket if he wins?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-03-2020, 05:12 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 4,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhoosier View Post
Good point. The only reason people think white nationalists have any power is because the media keeps making it look like they are still worth talking about.
Look at how the media tried to shut the Joker movie down. Anyone who actually saw the movie knows it had nothing at all to do with race, and was actually a pretty left wing movie. However, bc it showed a white gut struggling, it had to be cancelled. If they’d swapped races and made the Joker just a black guy, it would be the front runner to win Best Pic
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-03-2020, 10:59 PM
Jersey Irish's Avatar
Jersey Irish Jersey Irish is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mine Hill, New Jersey
Posts: 4,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
Do they have any tips on converting socialist, open borders, reverse-racist, domestic terorist snowflakes, too? Asking for a friend... 🤣🤣🤣
Who? AOC (aka All Out Crazy)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-04-2020, 03:27 AM
Jim2Dokes Jim2Dokes is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
Yeah, white nationalism is one of our biggest problems along with their 2000 followers in a country of 330 million.
Biggest Terror organization in the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
[url]https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2008/racist-black-hebrew-israelites-becoming-more-
I think this may be at least as big of a problem.
Note the sourcing of this link please.
What does this have to do with an article from 2008? What did they do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Irish View Post
Who? AOC (aka All Out Crazy)
What does this have to do with this podcast.

I am really confused by the responses, very defensive for such an uplifting and inspiring story of this man changing views. It is hard to change hateful views of people. This is suppose to be inspiration and enlighting, yet all negative here.

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 02-04-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-08-2020, 07:44 PM
NDhoosier's Avatar
NDhoosier NDhoosier is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 6,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2Dokes View Post
Biggest Terror organization in the country.
False statement
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-09-2020, 01:19 AM
ckp160 ckp160 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 693
Default

I watched bits and pieces of the podast on youtube. I think what this guy, Darryl Davis, is doing is interesting. One of the more interesting things I found was where he talked about how people can become part of the Klan. He mentioned small towns where blue collar jobs are outsourced to migrants and the Klan comes in to stir up racist sentiment. Maybe avoiding wide open borders could combat that stuff, Jim2Dokes? Keep that largest terrorist organization's number down by keeping US jobs right here with citizens.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-09-2020, 04:59 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 4,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
I watched bits and pieces of the podast on youtube. I think what this guy, Darryl Davis, is doing is interesting. One of the more interesting things I found was where he talked about how people can become part of the Klan. He mentioned small towns where blue collar jobs are outsourced to migrants and the Klan comes in to stir up racist sentiment. Maybe avoiding wide open borders could combat that stuff, Jim2Dokes? Keep that largest terrorist organization's number down by keeping US jobs right here with citizens.
Or we can open the borders and allow Mexican Drug Cartels to overtake white nationalists as the biggest Terror org in the US? Anyone who wants open borders is a fckin idiot of the highest order. We’re supposed to provide what would be millions of ppl with housing, HC, employment, education? Where’s all the $ come from? It won’t be the billionaires bc all of their $ will be gone paying for HC. It’s scary how little legitimate Presidential candidates know about economics
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-10-2020, 01:20 PM
echo88's Avatar
echo88 echo88 is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
I watched bits and pieces of the podast on youtube. I think what this guy, Darryl Davis, is doing is interesting. One of the more interesting things I found was where he talked about how people can become part of the Klan. He mentioned small towns where blue collar jobs are outsourced to migrants and the Klan comes in to stir up racist sentiment. Maybe avoiding wide open borders could combat that stuff, Jim2Dokes? Keep that largest terrorist organization's number down by keeping US jobs right here with citizens.
It was a very interesting guest for sure, but I was somewhat underwhelmed by the example he gave when Joe asked him about the facts Darryl would discuss with the Klansmen to get his point across.

Darryl stated that one of the misconceptions these guys held was that "black people account for a disproportionate percentage of inmates in state/federal prison". Darryl's retort was that there was racism in the judicial system, sending more african americans to prison than whites.

But prison population percentages have rarely been the argument at hand. The argument has always cited FBI violent crime statistics to demonstrate that a disproportionate number of violent crimes were committed by african americans (arrests).

I have no doubt that black perpetrators, particularly in certain parts of the U.S., are handed down heavier prison sentences than whites accused of similar or even the same crime. That could certainly account for prison population percentages at any given time that data is captured. But it does not address why african americans commit more violent crime. Although the FBI crime statistics are frequently misquoted/misrepresented to serve an agenda for the hard right (thanks, social media), the statistics are readily available to anyone with the resources to view them at the source.

By the end of the podcast, it sounded more to me like these guys he converted were just old veterans of a belief system that is obviously in its death throes. It's gotta be exhausting being that hateful.

Darryl seems to be a great guy with a great vision, but in my opinion, the flames of racial discourse are being fanned more by the hypocrisy of the PC environment we have cultivated through social media and by our wildly biased media. Racial beliefs can change for a person over time in the absence of such negative influences. But right now, white people are the only ones held to the fire by cancel culture and I think that is one of the root causes of the racial divide remaining stagnant/widening in a time where it should be closing.
__________________
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-12-2020, 02:28 AM
Kelly Gruene Kelly Gruene is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Posts: 1,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Or we can open the borders and allow Mexican Drug Cartels to overtake white nationalists as the biggest Terror org in the US? Anyone who wants open borders is a fckin idiot of the highest order. We’re supposed to provide what would be millions of ppl with housing, HC, employment, education? Where’s all the $ come from? It won’t be the billionaires bc all of their $ will be gone paying for HC. It’s scary how little legitimate Presidential candidates know about economics
I had dinner with three FBI agents Saturday night. One of them had solved what turned out to be a cartel assassination of a lawyer in Southlake Texas a couple years ago. One of these agents was born and raised in Mexico City. All three of them described, on their own accord and not instigated by me, the terrible gang issues rampant throughout Mexico now, including the major resorts. Our federal government has now placed travel restrictions and travel warnings on most states in Mexico. They also described the lawlessness just south of the Texas border and how that is now definitely spreading to this side of the border in Brownsville and Laredo Texas.
These agents are anything but right-wingers. One was African-American, one was raised in Mexico, and the other grew up in California. They’re just solid law enforcement people who were describing what the FBI is seeing along and south of the Texas/Mexico border.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-12-2020, 02:46 AM
jessemoore97 jessemoore97 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 3,875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
I had dinner with three FBI agents Saturday night. One of them had solved what turned out to be a cartel assassination of a lawyer in Southlake Texas a couple years ago. One of these agents was born and raised in Mexico City. All three of them described, on their own accord and not instigated by me, the terrible gang issues rampant throughout Mexico now, including the major resorts. Our federal government has now placed travel restrictions and travel warnings on most states in Mexico. They also described the lawlessness just south of the Texas border and how that is now definitely spreading to this side of the border in Brownsville and Laredo Texas.
These agents are anything but right-wingers. One was African-American, one was raised in Mexico, and the other grew up in California. They’re just solid law enforcement people who were describing what the FBI is seeing along and south of the Texas/Mexico border.
Been this way for years across the border. I thought Ron Whites idea of taking over everything down to the Panama Canal, then flip it was both hilarious and poignant lol.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-12-2020, 12:13 PM
GunSlinger GunSlinger is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,197
Default

Here's another excellent podcast with a former Texas DPS Captain and Texas Ranger. It starts off a little slow and is a long but it's a very good episode. If you have the time check it out, it's no BS or media agenda driven nonsense.

https://youtu.be/zyGswgahv6k
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-13-2020, 12:14 AM
NDhoosier's Avatar
NDhoosier NDhoosier is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 6,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
I had dinner with three FBI agents Saturday night. One of them had solved what turned out to be a cartel assassination of a lawyer in Southlake Texas a couple years ago. One of these agents was born and raised in Mexico City. All three of them described, on their own accord and not instigated by me, the terrible gang issues rampant throughout Mexico now, including the major resorts. Our federal government has now placed travel restrictions and travel warnings on most states in Mexico. They also described the lawlessness just south of the Texas border and how that is now definitely spreading to this side of the border in Brownsville and Laredo Texas.
These agents are anything but right-wingers. One was African-American, one was raised in Mexico, and the other grew up in California. They’re just solid law enforcement people who were describing what the FBI is seeing along and south of the Texas/Mexico border.
The Mexican government is scared of the cartels and the country is as equally influenced by the cartel as it is the politicians.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-13-2020, 03:04 AM
jessemoore97 jessemoore97 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 3,875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhoosier View Post
The Mexican government is scared of the cartels and the country is as equally influenced by the cartel as it is the politicians.
Scared, many probably are. But many are also in bed with the cartels too. Corrupt politicians and corrupt cops, and those who try to stand up the cartels and gangs become targets. As a citizen what do you do, you can't trust anyone from the government. You can't defend yourself either due to strict gun laws. Not a place I would want to live.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-13-2020, 07:49 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 4,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Scared, many probably are. But many are also in bed with the cartels too. Corrupt politicians and corrupt cops, and those who try to stand up the cartels and gangs become targets. As a citizen what do you do, you can't trust anyone from the government. You can't defend yourself either due to strict gun laws. Not a place I would want to live.
Exactly and now we’re supposed to make it even easier for them to gain entry into the US? And I’m not totally unsympathetic towards the plight of the average citizen, but the US just letting everyone and anyone in won’t help anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-13-2020, 08:00 PM
jessemoore97 jessemoore97 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 3,875
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Exactly and now we’re supposed to make it even easier for them to gain entry into the US? And I’m not totally unsympathetic towards the plight of the average citizen, but the US just letting everyone and anyone in won’t help anyone.
Agreed. No problem with immigrants, but it needs to be controled and done legally. US policy used to be more restrictive once upon a time, and many western countries used to be the same way until recently. The plight of the "refugee" has made a mess of the entire process.

America is truly an island in the world where freedom and opporrunity can be found nowhere else. If we let in everyone who wants to live here there would be 6-7 billion people or basically all of mankind.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-13-2020, 08:27 PM
Kelly Gruene Kelly Gruene is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Posts: 1,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Scared, many probably are. But many are also in bed with the cartels too. Corrupt politicians and corrupt cops, and those who try to stand up the cartels and gangs become targets. As a citizen what do you do, you can't trust anyone from the government. You can't defend yourself either due to strict gun laws. Not a place I would want to live.
The female FBI agent I mentioned earlier was born and raised in Mexico City. She is afraid to, and now doesn't, go to Mexico any more. She is afraid that the cartel will identify her as FBI and go after her family, who remain in Mexico City. It's said that she can't even go visit her family because the cartels are so into every aspect of Mexican life and government.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-14-2020, 08:33 AM
echo88's Avatar
echo88 echo88 is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Agreed. No problem with immigrants, but it needs to be controled and done legally. US policy used to be more restrictive once upon a time, and many western countries used to be the same way until recently. The plight of the "refugee" has made a mess of the entire process.

America is truly an island in the world where freedom and opporrunity can be found nowhere else. If we let in everyone who wants to live here there would be 6-7 billion people or basically all of mankind.
For the life of me, i still don't understand how being anti-illegal immigration gets looped in with wanting to keep all immigrants out of the U.S....

It's not the same thing at all...
__________________
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-14-2020, 12:52 PM
jessemoore97 jessemoore97 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 3,875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
For the life of me, i still don't understand how being anti-illegal immigration gets looped in with wanting to keep all immigrants out of the U.S....

It's not the same thing at all...
I can't explain it either. Basically whatever you want to do and how dare anyone try to limit, fence in, impose restrictions on, or acceot responsibility for anything. As long as you belong to whatever "marginalized" group of people that is.

Thankfully a lot of people are starting to wake the heck up and are rejecting the extreme views of the left.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-14-2020, 01:25 PM
jbrown_9999 jbrown_9999 is online now
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
For the life of me, i still don't understand how being anti-illegal immigration gets looped in with wanting to keep all immigrants out of the U.S....

It's not the same thing at all...
When did illegal immigrants become "undocumented immigrants"?

Does that mean that a bank robber is simply making an "undocumented withdrawal"?

Should I expect to be able to go to any country and gain entrance without showing a passport/visa and start living there regardless of their laws?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-14-2020, 02:03 PM
corysold's Avatar
corysold corysold is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cortland, IL
Posts: 13,980
Default

Youvtwo can’t explain it because you are clearly unwoke, xenophobic, racist bigots. Duh.

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:24 PM.

Last Updated: July 15, 2020

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.