Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 12-20-2015, 06:36 AM
ColinKSU's Avatar
ColinKSU ColinKSU is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,332
Send a message via AIM to ColinKSU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Irish View Post
The mods need to kick you off this board.
Apologize or be banned.
You know nothing about Father Hesburgh's stature as a priest, educator and statesman. Your comments are crass and classless, you buffoon.
His language choices aside, you could stand to chill.
__________________
Trying my best to care less and less about sports.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #27  
Old 12-20-2015, 06:50 AM
nickman54's Avatar
nickman54 nickman54 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 2,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Irish View Post
The mods need to kick you off this board.
Apologize or be banned.
You know nothing about Father Hesburgh's stature as a priest, educator and statesman. Your comments are crass and classless, you buffoon.
Stfu.. You aren't a mod and don't try to strong arm someone into an apology.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-20-2015, 01:35 PM
2lakes's Avatar
2lakes 2lakes is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chesterton, IN
Posts: 11,051
Default

Modern day Notre Dame is Father Hesburgh. In reality, there is no way to separate the two.

If you want to criticize a coaching choice in which he was involved, that is one thing. The original statement went way beyond that. I would strongly object to anyone using those words or showing that kind of disrespect for Our Lady's University while at the same time claiming to be a fan of her football team. Showing such disrespect for Father Hesburgh IS disrespecting the University of Notre Dame.

That priest went far beyond earning our undying love, appreciation, and deepest regards: his tremendous contribution and lifelong devotion to Notre Dame demand it.
__________________
The Indiana General Assembly granted the school its charter on January 15, 1844 under the name University of Notre Dame du Lac. While the translation of the French is "Our Lady of the Lake," the university actually has two lakes on its campus.

* * * * * * * * * *

Last edited by 2lakes; 12-22-2015 at 03:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-20-2015, 01:49 PM
CanadianIrish's Avatar
CanadianIrish CanadianIrish is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,274
Default

I'm really enjoying all these comments on Davonte Neal.....
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-20-2015, 02:46 PM
nd1989 nd1989 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianIrish View Post
I'm really enjoying all these comments on Davonte Neal.....
I tried. He played ok. Some good , some not good. Not many opportunities given the type of offense New Mexico runs.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-20-2015, 03:03 PM
foreverirish34's Avatar
foreverirish34 foreverirish34 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gates of Yosemite
Posts: 2,598
Default

On Devonte Neal, I went to the 2013 Oklahoma game. I was talking to the guy in charge of admissions for athletes, and i brought up Neal and why he left. He told me that there was no way he was going to play as a sophomore. He didn't want to get specific but he led me to believe that he didn't have the grades to into spring ball. Doesn't seem like we missed him too much. I was really excited about his signing in 2012. oh well.
__________________
THE BEST FOOTBALL IS PLAYED IN CALI!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-20-2015, 08:46 PM
Jersey Irish's Avatar
Jersey Irish Jersey Irish is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mine Hill, New Jersey
Posts: 4,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lakes View Post
Modern day Notre Dame is Father Hesburgh. In reality, there is no way to separate the two.

If you want to criticize a coaching choice in which he was involved, that is one thing. The original statement went way beyond that. I would strongly object to anyone using those words or showing that kind of disrespect for Our Lady's University while at the same time claiming to be a fan of her football team. Showing such disrespect for Father Hesburgh IS disrespecting the University of Notre Dame.

That priest went far beyond earning our undieing appreciation and deepest regards: his tremendous contribution and lifelong devotion to Notre Dame demands it.
Thank you for your post. Well stated. And to those who said I should chill, no way when that type of language is used to describe Father Ted. Stand by my call to ban Elder.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-20-2015, 09:36 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 5,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Irish View Post
Thank you for your post. Well stated. And to those who said I should chill, no way when that type of language is used to describe Father Ted. Stand by my call to ban Elder.
Perhaps my wording was off, he was an idiot in making that decision, not an idiot on the whole. However, I stand by calling him out for pushing Faust.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-20-2015, 09:40 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 5,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lakes View Post
Modern day Notre Dame is Father Hesburgh. In reality, there is no way to separate the two.

If you want to criticize a coaching choice in which he was involved, that is one thing. The original statement went way beyond that. I would strongly object to anyone using those words or showing that kind of disrespect for Our Lady's University while at the same time claiming to be a fan of her football team. Showing such disrespect for Father Hesburgh IS disrespecting the University of Notre Dame.

That priest went far beyond earning our undieing appreciation and deepest regards: his tremendous contribution and lifelong devotion to Notre Dame demands it.
That's what I was criticizing. Clearly you don't become President at Notre Dame by being an idiot, but you can ruin the football program by letting your religious biases guide your decisions. I wouldn't want the AD running Mass and I don't want a priest making football decisions.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-21-2015, 01:20 AM
FaithInIrishForever's Avatar
FaithInIrishForever FaithInIrishForever is offline
Moderator
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 9,938
Default

So you went to Rival high school of the school where Faust was a legend.

You do not agree with the University's decision over 20 years ago when they hired Faust.

The results support your thesis that there were better options then Faust.


You go on to pick an ND legend, really a Cultural ICON to blame said decision on.

I think that's like Blaming Reverend John Jenkins for the Football decisions of Jack Swarbrick. I believe another legend Moose Krause was the athletic director.

Its ok to make an argument. You risk getting people upset at you, when you reach to far beyond your point. To me your main point has merit but then skipping the AD to blame a beloved University President is where things went south.

Further this is a Davonte Neal thread So hopefully we can regroup and treat it as such.
__________________
Moderator


Keep That Fighting Spirit

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz


Resident video nerd and DomerDomain MVP since 2011
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-21-2015, 03:06 AM
nickman54's Avatar
nickman54 nickman54 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 2,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickman54 View Post
Stfu.. You aren't a mod and don't try to strong arm someone into an apology.
I'll go ahead and apologize for being kinda mean with my post. Although I disagree with your stance I came off like an a hole there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-21-2015, 01:37 PM
CanadianIrish's Avatar
CanadianIrish CanadianIrish is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,274
Default

Look at all this Christmas spirit!!!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-21-2015, 01:45 PM
Rocketsan's Avatar
Rocketsan Rocketsan is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 18,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianIrish View Post
Look at all this Christmas spirit!!!
Throwin' around apologies like they were Canadian...
__________________
http://imageshack.com/a/img546/3410/0at9.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-21-2015, 03:28 PM
nickman54's Avatar
nickman54 nickman54 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 2,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianIrish View Post
Look at all this Christmas spirit!!!
Happy holidays!

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-21-2015, 03:30 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 5,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithInIrishForever View Post
So you went to Rival high school of the school where Faust was a legend.

You do not agree with the University's decision over 20 years ago when they hired Faust.

The results support your thesis that there were better options then Faust.


You go on to pick an ND legend, really a Cultural ICON to blame said decision on.

I think that's like Blaming Reverend John Jenkins for the Football decisions of Jack Swarbrick. I believe another legend Moose Krause was the athletic director.

Its ok to make an argument. You risk getting people upset at you, when you reach to far beyond your point. To me your main point has merit but then skipping the AD to blame a beloved University President is where things went south.

Further this is a Davonte Neal thread So hopefully we can regroup and treat it as such.
The AD didn't want Faust. It's known in Cincinnati, Faust laid on the Catholic shtick really thick to get the job and Hesbergh fell for it.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-21-2015, 05:31 PM
EddieAngel's Avatar
EddieAngel EddieAngel is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 3,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Hesburgh put his faith over football.
What on Earth was he thinking?
__________________
"Little things used to mean so much to Shelly- I used to think they were kind of trivial. Believe me, nothing is trivial." --Eric Draven, The Crow
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-21-2015, 06:38 PM
FaithInIrishForever's Avatar
FaithInIrishForever FaithInIrishForever is offline
Moderator
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 9,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAngel View Post
What on Earth was he thinking?

Seems like a pretty good guy to me. Both Father Hesburgh, and Father Joyce. Rest in peace good men.
__________________
Moderator


Keep That Fighting Spirit

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz


Resident video nerd and DomerDomain MVP since 2011
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-21-2015, 06:45 PM
yikityyakirish's Avatar
yikityyakirish yikityyakirish is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Memphis,TN
Posts: 2,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAngel View Post
What on Earth was he thinking?
This made me laugh.....pretty good stuff
__________________

Life's a Garden....Dig it....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:10 AM.

Last Updated: January 25, 2021

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.