Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old 04-05-2020, 04:18 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
After the way Fox downplayed this virus and in some corners is still downplaying it, you can never mention them in the same breath as any ďnewsĒ source. Fauci just lit them up recently.
Downplaying the virus? EVERY news outlet and the talking heads including Democrat lawmakers downplayed the virus 2 months ago including ridiculing POTUS and his travel ban on China as xenophobic and racist. I've mentioned all of these points numerous times on two different threads and said go back and Google news feeds and what the reactions were early on in December through February with direct quotes from the entities mentioned towards this situation. As of yet there hasn't been one post refuting any of what I've brought up other than one poster who claimed to not remember any of the racist/xenophobic rhetoric lobbed at POTUS during the China travel ban. There's also the matter of relying on the reports of the virus from China and China backed WHO, echoing CCP talking points about the virus. That info was covered in the detailed timeline in the link I provided a day ago if anyone looked at it...

I grow tired of the muh Trump supporter BS and how someone like me is considered ignorant, uncouth, delusional, and a conspiracy theorist. Time and again the MSM and liberals have drag raced to the bottom as credible in their pursuit against Trump, his supporters, and his policies. The never ending investigations including the newest corona response investigation coming soon to a Congress near you, the name calling and every "ism" thrown his/our way with no credible basis in facts, and the revionist history that keeps getting written by the MSM about events that have occurred.

People are waking up to all of this. They see what's going on. The boy who cried wolf is setting in and people just aren't buying it anymore from the MSM and liberal lawmakers. They have no one to blame but themselves, they themselves left it all out there for everyone to see, and guess what the people increasingly don't like the view.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 04-05-2020, 04:47 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Downplaying the virus? EVERY news outlet and the talking heads including Democrat lawmakers downplayed the virus 2 months ago including ridiculing POTUS and his travel ban on China as xenophobic and racist. I've mentioned all of these points numerous times on two different threads and said go back and Google news feeds and what the reactions were early on in December through February with direct quotes from the entities mentioned towards this situation. As of yet there hasn't been one post refuting any of what I've brought up other than one poster who claimed to not remember any of the racist/xenophobic rhetoric lobbed at POTUS during the China travel ban. There's also the matter of relying on the reports of the virus from China and China backed WHO, echoing CCP talking points about the virus. That info was covered in the detailed timeline in the link I provided a day ago if anyone looked at it...

I grow tired of the muh Trump supporter BS and how someone like me is considered ignorant, uncouth, delusional, and a conspiracy theorist. Time and again the MSM and liberals have drag raced to the bottom as credible in their pursuit against Trump, his supporters, and his policies. The never ending investigations including the newest corona response investigation coming soon to a Congress near you, the name calling and every "ism" thrown his/our way with no credible basis in facts, and the revionist history that keeps getting written by the MSM about events that have occurred.

People are waking up to all of this. They see what's going on. The boy who cried wolf is setting in and people just aren't buying it anymore from the MSM and liberal lawmakers. They have no one to blame but themselves, they themselves left it all out there for everyone to see, and guess what the people increasingly don't like the view.

Ok, Iíll put it this way. About two weeks ago many posters on here....were doubting some of the other posters(Rocket among others) that this is going to be bad. NOW everyone from THAT side is claiming that they were expecting this and that the left is to blame??? Címon

I could simply cut and paste what someone wrote about Trumps daily activities from the time he heard about Covid to now. From the 5-6 times heís golfed in that time, to about the 8 rallyís he had, the countless times he said it was nothing that we had it under control, to saying it was a leftest hoax at a pep rally. The man had simply dragged his knuckles raw until we got to this point.
And banning the flight from China was an easy call. Itís not like he doesnít like banning flights before....

Iíve always said that they should had shut this thing down country wide when we got the first case. Two weeks minimum. But whatís for done is done now. As for the right, they are still claiming that Fauci is somehow under the lefts thumb, that they peddle unproven drugs. That people should DIE to save the economy. As if itís only killing nothing but old people now.

Sorry Jesse, but if I was in a dark alley this president is not somebody I would want to have my back. He would let me get thrashed and then rob me as I lay there bleeding if it helped him on some way.

But I digress. This is a debate where neither of us are going to change the others opinion so Iíll leave it there.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:49 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdntDrvr View Post
Iran, NK, China, Russia...the list goes on and on. None of them give two craps about who our leader is because at most they are in power for 8 years. Youíre not going to change their minds by having someone else in power.
Iran, NK, China, and Russia are all countries that most here have never been to nor would ever want to go to.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:16 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Ok, Iíll put it this way. About two weeks ago many posters on here....were doubting some of the other posters(Rocket among others) that this is going to be bad. NOW everyone from THAT side is claiming that they were expecting this and that the left is to blame??? Címon

I could simply cut and paste what someone wrote about Trumps daily activities from the time he heard about Covid to now. From the 5-6 times heís golfed in that time, to about the 8 rallyís he had, the countless times he said it was nothing that we had it under control, to saying it was a leftest hoax at a pep rally. The man had simply dragged his knuckles raw until we got to this point.
And banning the flight from China was an easy call. Itís not like he doesnít like banning flights before....

Iíve always said that they should had shut this thing down country wide when we got the first case. Two weeks minimum. But whatís for done is done now. As for the right, they are still claiming that Fauci is somehow under the lefts thumb, that they peddle unproven drugs. That people should DIE to save the economy. As if itís only killing nothing but old people now.

Sorry Jesse, but if I was in a dark alley this president is not somebody I would want to have my back. He would let me get thrashed and then rob me as I lay there bleeding if it helped him on some way.

But I digress. This is a debate where neither of us are going to change the others opinion so Iíll leave it there.
I've questioned a lot of information and actions surrounding this situation from the get go. I stand by all of my remarks especially the disinformation and accuracy of whats been happening. Remarkably confirmation of my viewpoints keep getting validated almost daily as factual information trickles out through all the noise.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:26 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Iran, NK, China, and Russia are all countries that most here have never been to nor would ever want to go to.
And? Trump made them hate us? Look, I work for a global company and spend time with clients and coworkers in countries across the globe, even some of those that Ďmost here have never been to nor would they ever want to go.í Trump didnít make other countries hate us. The people I speak to on a regular basis respect me and I respect them. The average person doesnít care whoís in charge because at the end of the day, heíll be gone in anywhere from less than a year to 4 years. Youíre the one thatís offended that people voted for him. Donít like it? Put up a better candidate...what the Dís have now just isnít going to sway my vote.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:18 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
And? Trump made them hate us? Look, I work for a global company and spend time with clients and coworkers in countries across the globe, even some of those that Ďmost here have never been to nor would they ever want to go.í Trump didnít make other countries hate us. The people I speak to on a regular basis respect me and I respect them. The average person doesnít care whoís in charge because at the end of the day, heíll be gone in anywhere from less than a year to 4 years. Youíre the one thatís offended that people voted for him. Donít like it? Put up a better candidate...what the Dís have now just isnít going to sway my vote.
Iím not offended that someone voted for Trump. Actually, the exact opposite. Thatís what makes this country great. We have a democracy that is able to allow a difference of opinion.
I simply asked you to name the countries that hate us. And you named the usual suspects. Those arenít countries that many Americans would care what they think to begin with or vise versa. But when you **** on Canada, Germany, Great Britain, France and on and on. Thatís what matters and I believe that was Rockets point. We are America. ďThe Greatest Nation.Ē Yet, our health care is a joke and we have no grasp on handling this virus, while our president of the free world mocks and belittles everything and anybody he disagrees with. Like a fourth grader. So, yes, it is probably funny to Rocket to watch his speeches. But Iím sure heís thinking, isnít this supposed to be the leader of the free world on how to do things the right way. Not cry about ratings and how well heís done on handling the virus.
Anywho....itís late and I have things to do tomorrow. Like sit on my couch and stare at the wall
Old 04-05-2020, 12:06 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Reps my man
Old 04-05-2020, 03:23 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
Curious to gauge the temperature in this room at current. Your president is about to have a pretty scrutinized weekend from the rest of the world after his 3M comments.
I must admit to being confused about pretty much everything corona.

One area of confusion to me is seeing the president getting roasted on social media and in the press because he

(1) had the audacity to allow US companies to sell PPE and ventilators to China in their height of need: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...us/5109747002/ (this article specifically criticized this because 54 other countries had already stopped exporting things they made to other countries)

and
(2) had the audacity to say that maybe the US shouldn't send supplies it needs to other countries: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/03/u...-3m-masks.html

Should he allow things that every country on the planet, including the US, needs, or should he not?
I'm confused.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:36 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Again, you canít make those PPE from 3M without massive amounts of pulp. Where is the pulp for the 3M masks coming from?

Canada.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:40 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

This is the first and last time Iíve ever read the open forum also the last time Iíll probably post or read this site...where do some do some of yíall hide your white hoods?
Old 04-05-2020, 05:33 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog 816 View Post
This is the first and last time Iíve ever read the open forum also the last time Iíll probably post or read this site...where do some do some of yíall hide your white hoods?
This isnít Twitter, you canít gain clout by throwing out baseless accusations of racism. The disease originated in China and thereís enough evidence pointing towards it coming from bats sold at these wet markets. If the shoe were on the other foot and this came from a chicken farm in Iowa, the same things would be said. I know in some peopleís view everything is Americaís fault no matter what, but just be thankful you live in a country where you can publicly criticize the govt without disappearing
Old 04-05-2020, 06:38 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Do you live under a bridge and collect money from people to let them pass...?
Old 04-05-2020, 07:33 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
If the shoe were on the other foot and this came from a chicken farm in Iowa, the same things would be said.
The Spanish flu originated in Kansas!
Old 04-05-2020, 10:14 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
Again, you can’t make those PPE from 3M without massive amounts of pulp. Where is the pulp for the 3M masks coming from?

Canada.
For clarification, I Googled 3M and pulp. I'm not a Reddit person, but there's an interesting discussion there. Reddit says the 3M N95 masks aren't made from pulp almost at all: https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadaCoron...canadian_pulp/

Surgical masks are not (in normal times) N95 masks. 3M is not a particularly large US manufacturer of surgical masks and surgical gowns. A local company, Prestige Ameritech, is the largest US producer of surgical masks:https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...manufacturing/
Surgical masks and gowns are made from a pulp product, K10S, and certainly almost all of that originates in Canada. For clarification, that material is not used in 3M masks, but it IS used in surgical masks and gowns.

Here's an NPR article referencing how South Korea, France, the entire EU, Taiwan, and other places blocked shipment of medical equipment made within their borders to outside their borders: https://www.marketplace.org/2020/03/...rs-other-gear/

I am not in any way saying that the US should be blocking US companies from doing business with companies and countries outside our boundaries. That would be foolishness. We live in a global business environment. Components for products made in most countries come from many sources.

My question is, what is our President supposed to do? He gets criticized when he says US companies should be selling to other countries, and, as with your post, he gets criticized when he says the US should not allow companies to sell to other countries.

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; 04-05-2020 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:21 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
This is the first and last time I’ve ever read the open forum also the last time I’ll probably post or read this site...where do some do some of y’all hide your white hoods?
I think many of us would love to have you enter into a meaningful discussion on the topic.
I'll admit I am wrong on many things. I learn a lot from people in discussions here. While I may not change my overall opinion on a topic, I often find my thoughts change when I encounter things I did not know or when something is presented from a point of view I may not have considered before.
Name-calling doesn't add meaningful information to a discussion and won't do anything to make someone consider a different point of view. Well-intentioned discussion, supported with references, may add a lot.
By all means, participate. But, as you've seen, just because we are all fans of Notre Dame doesn't mean we agree on many things.

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; 04-05-2020 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:45 AM
Domer Domain Junior

I'm sorry but it's America first time now...white, black, hispanic whatever it's time to care for us. WE are by far the most generous country on the planet when it comes to aid and giving out billions upon billions of tax payer money to other countries. It's time to fire up our Industrial Power and take care of home first. Then we can help others.

Now let me go find my Hood since I voted for Obama in 08 and then Trump in 16.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:27 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunSlinger View Post
I'm sorry but it's America first time now...white, black, hispanic whatever it's time to care for us. WE are by far the most generous country on the planet when it comes to aid and giving out billions upon billions of tax payer money to other countries. It's time to fire up our Industrial Power and take care of home first. Then we can help others.

Now let me go find my Hood since I voted for Obama in 08 and then Trump in 16.
Are you sure your hood has eyeholes?
Old 04-06-2020, 01:38 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
This isnít Twitter, you canít gain clout by throwing out baseless accusations of racism. The disease originated in China and thereís enough evidence pointing towards it coming from bats sold at these wet markets. If the shoe were on the other foot and this came from a chicken farm in Iowa, the same things would be said. I know in some peopleís view everything is Americaís fault no matter what, but just be thankful you live in a country where you can publicly criticize the govt without disappearing
Well if it quacks like a duck.....
Old 04-06-2020, 01:58 PM
Domer Domain Junior

https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-adm...oarding-of-ppe
Old 04-06-2020, 02:02 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
From my understanding, it didn't originate in the wet market. They have identified the first person to have it as a woman who had once worked in, you guessed it, the virology lab in Wuhan. I don't know if she was working there recently but she once had. As has happened with countless people in China in the last few months, she has now simply "disappeared".
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...utm_term=first
Old 04-06-2020, 02:41 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaverIrish View Post
You're crazy... Why don't you list out statements that you deem racist.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:14 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaverIrish View Post
And if it looks and smells like a douche... itís probably you.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:16 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
From my understanding, it didn't originate in the wet market. They have identified the first person to have it as a woman who had once worked in, you guessed it, the virology lab in Wuhan. I don't know if she was working there recently but she once had. As has happened with countless people in China in the last few months, she has now simply "disappeared".
The same lab a Harvard Professor was freelancing at. If it really did originate from the Wuhan Lab, that’s far worse. That means the Chinese Govt is working on biological weapons.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:44 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
This is a conspiracy theory that was debunked weeks ago. The national review is an ultra-conservative media outlet that gave credence to the Obama birth certificate ordeal. The source of this article stands to benefit financially if this nonsense takes off.

Health orgs and epidemiologists have already given tons of evidence that this virus is not manmade and did not originate in a lab. And ill take their word until i see something that doesnt come from a glorified tabloid with an agenda.
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 04-07-2020, 08:19 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackson'sDred15 View Post
He allegedly gives up his salary of 400k a year which is a pittance compared to what he is putting in his pocket.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...0-million/amp/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffp...3e6f7865cf/amp

Got no problem with the guy golfing or even taking a few vacations, but they should not be at his for profit businesses and resorts.
I suggest that you quit watching CNN.