Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Rudy Guiliani is the source here? He definitely can't be corrupted or manipulated... LOL

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
Rudy Guiliani is the source here? He definitely can't be corrupted or manipulated... LOL
No, the laptop is the source.
And no one, NO ONE, has refuted what's on the laptop.
A bunch of former Obama people signed a letter saying, gosh, it looks like something Russia might do.
But the people (FBI) that actually have the computer and are looking at all of the information say, yup, it's Hunter Biden's and no, it has nothing to do with Russian interference.

Can Joe just come out and say that he never ever met with any of the Ukranians that emailed thank you to Hunter for setting them up with his father? Nope. Because he did meet with them. And Hunter was paid A LOT of money to make that happen.
And Trump was impeached because he dared to look into this.

Quid Pro Joe.
Old Today, 12:27 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Secret Chinese bank account says “hi.”
Old Today, 02:58 AM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDomer View Post
Secret Chinese bank account says “hi.”
The only thing that matters in this election is Biden’s bull$h!t tax plan.
Old Today, 07:20 AM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

"This is not my client's laptop"

"Can I have my client's laptop"

In that order.

"
If we were in the wild, I would attack u. Even if u weren’t in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack u!" ~Manti Teo

Old Today, 09:30 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Oops.
Quid Pro Joe.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...al/ar-BB1ahvv2

Supposedly the Wall Street Journal will be publishing an investigative article on this soon.
Certainly the human sources may be questioned, but not the laptop itself. The meaning of the wording of the emails deserves clarification and the person quoted in the linked story, the person to whom the most controversial email was sent, adds this clarification.

If the WSJ article is in any way supportive of this, the Times will no longer be able to run from this story, nor will CNN.

I’m thinking that somehow this will come up in the debate tonight.
It should be the first question the moderator asks Biden. But watch, she won’t even mention it.
The Orange Menace will, however.

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; Today at 09:54 AM.
Old Today, 01:01 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
Oops.
Quid Pro Joe.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...al/ar-BB1ahvv2

Supposedly the Wall Street Journal will be publishing an investigative article on this soon.
Certainly the human sources may be questioned, but not the laptop itself. The meaning of the wording of the emails deserves clarification and the person quoted in the linked story, the person to whom the most controversial email was sent, adds this clarification.

If the WSJ article is in any way supportive of this, the Times will no longer be able to run from this story, nor will CNN.

I’m thinking that somehow this will come up in the debate tonight.
It should be the first question the moderator asks Biden. But watch, she won’t even mention it.
The Orange Menace will, however.
If money was flowing to "the big guy" (and the "TBG" was Joe Biden, of course), should that money be appearing in tax returns?
Old Today, 01:07 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
The only thing that matters in this election is Biden’s bull$h!t tax plan.
do you have a link/source for what his tax plan entails which is understandable by a 5 year old?

Old Today, 06:05 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious_ND View Post
do you have a link/source for what his tax plan entails which is understandable by a 5 year old?
Since you bring up five year olds, I have explained taxes and the difference between Trump and Biden's tax plans to my six year old and she gets it. She also understands how damaging Democratic tax plans are to our economy. It's not that complicated...

Corporate income taxes make up 10% of federal revenue, 9% in 2019. The remaining 90% mainly consists of wage taxes and personal income taxes. What's that tell you? We get most of our revenue from working people. When you raise taxes on corporations, you force them away from the US and you force them to keep money abroad. What's this do? Reduces the number of jobs available for Americans. What's THAT do in turn? That means it's an employers market, not an employee's market which drives down wages for the employees. Thus, not only are corporations keeping money abroad, they're reducing the number of people employed in this country. That drives down wage and income taxes. Additionally, since wages aren't rising due to a large supply of employees than demand for those employees, you have reduced taxable wages. All in all, federal revenue is reduced when you raise taxes, especially on corporations and business owners. In addition to reducing revenue, you're also increasing welfare expenses that have to be paid for those unemployed from your tax plan. It's common sense...

Personally, I would eliminate the corporate income tax and simply tax the investors/partners in the same manner that they're taxed for partnerships in s-corps. The corporate income tax is nothing but a political talking point... The more corporations you attract to the US, the more jobs, the more competition for labor, the higher wages go, and the higher tax revenue we have...

Biden's plan will fail on the launch pad and completely cripple us coming out of Covid... It's that simple.
Old Today, 06:38 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
But the people (FBI) that actually have the computer and are looking at all of the information say, yup, it's Hunter Biden's and no, it has nothing to do with Russian interference.
Can you save me some time by providing sources on this? I'd found sources with some non-FBI intelligence officials saying some versions of this (though, nothing about a verification of the laptop's owner), but nothing about the FBI reporting any findings.
Old Today, 06:59 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Since you bring up five year olds, I have explained taxes and the difference between Trump and Biden's tax plans to my six year old and she gets it. She also understands how damaging Democratic tax plans are to our economy. It's not that complicated...

Corporate income taxes make up 10% of federal revenue, 9% in 2019. The remaining 90% mainly consists of wage taxes and personal income taxes. What's that tell you? We get most of our revenue from working people. When you raise taxes on corporations, you force them away from the US and you force them to keep money abroad. What's this do? Reduces the number of jobs available for Americans. What's THAT do in turn? That means it's an employers market, not an employee's market which drives down wages for the employees. Thus, not only are corporations keeping money abroad, they're reducing the number of people employed in this country. That drives down wage and income taxes. Additionally, since wages aren't rising due to a large supply of employees than demand for those employees, you have reduced taxable wages. All in all, federal revenue is reduced when you raise taxes, especially on corporations and business owners. In addition to reducing revenue, you're also increasing welfare expenses that have to be paid for those unemployed from your tax plan. It's common sense...

Personally, I would eliminate the corporate income tax and simply tax the investors/partners in the same manner that they're taxed for partnerships in s-corps. The corporate income tax is nothing but a political talking point... The more corporations you attract to the US, the more jobs, the more competition for labor, the higher wages go, and the higher tax revenue we have...

Biden's plan will fail on the launch pad and completely cripple us coming out of Covid... It's that simple.
BTW, corporate profits are taxed and then dividends are then taxed again even though those dividends are merely the distribution of profits which have already been taxed.
Old Today, 07:50 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:

This makes sense when you explain but I was reading an article today that seems to challenge some of the premises (e.g., democratic tax plans are damaging to economy=growth/deficit and reducing corporate tax rates equate with job growth). I stretch it a little there with a focus on budget rather than revenue but I am taking the leap that we all view budget as the ultimate concern over revenue.
You can find the article here and I've attached two charts that compare federal budget/surplus and job growth under the last three administrations. While Clinton, Bush Sr. and Reagan are not included, I believe there is a general consensus that those administrations had surplus/growth, deficit/contraction and deficit/growth, respectively.
There is a LOT behind those trends (subprime lending/credit default swap, Y2K, Iraq wars, etc.). And, this is not to suggest that corporate taxes don't influence job growth/contraction and federal budget performance. However, it does strongly suggest that A) democratic fiscal policies have demonstrated an ability to positively impact job/budget performance and B) there is not a direct correlation b/w jobs/budget performance and CTR. At the very least, one cannot conclusively demonstrate that Republican/CTR-reduction policies benefit these two measures while Democrat/CTR-expansion policies damage them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (89.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Capture3.JPG (66.5 KB, 0 views)
Old Today, 08:16 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

You know who profits off Daddy by trading on his name to get foreign $$$ and intellectual property rights in China? Lookin’ at you Ivanka.

While ALSO being on the payroll of the White House as a Senior Advisor to the President. Let’s not forget that while raging against Biden.