View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 06:00 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndomer4 View Post
Your giving Weis credit for a team that he inherited. A big part of being a college coach is recruiting, his teams with all his guys went 6-6. These teams donít hold a candle to 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019. The 14 team while not great would steamroll those Weis teams.

I also donít get how your still arguing for a loss. Kellyís has some really close losses and some descent to very good wins. Weis got steamrolled at home in 06 , what was Kellyís worst home loss? 13 vs OU with Rees at qb (35-21).

The 05 team was not as good as the 12, 15, 17 and 18 teams. The 05 team had a pedestrian defense and no depth. Sure the offence was good but that unit lacked depth as well. They lost to a 5 win team and only beat two teams with a winning record, one being Navy.
I'm giving Weis credit for being as competitive as Kelly has ever been during those two years, playing a much more difficult schedule, and for coaching the most epic game in the post Holtz era. I repeat THOSE TWO YEARS So stay focused.

I'm gonna go on record and say that Kelly will NEVER win or lose such an epic game as the 2005 USC-ND game, where he took a vastly superior team down to the last snap in a game that will be remembered for a generation of fans.

There's a reason why we're playing Iowa State at the end of 2019. I realize that's good enough for Jenkins and you, but I'd take 2005 over now, where at least we had one epic game and looked like the ND of old.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!