View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 03:29 AM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Purdy is a solid QB who didn't have a lot of offers from P5 schools, despite being Arizona POY coming out of HS. Last year he was 4th on depth chart going into the season, but due to injuries etc he was forced into duty and did very well for a true frosh. This year they lost their very good RB to NFL/graduation as well as their top receiver from last season. Their OL is solid, not spectacular and is laden with multi-year upperclassmen starters, a couple from my town to boot.

On defense they are solid as well, nothing flashy, but fundamentally sound. In a conference that is known for high powered offenses and basketball numbers for game scores, ISU is one of the few that actually plays defense very well against those offenses. I believe they have kept most of the teams below their average scoring numbers. Additionally in the Campbell era their worst defeat was only by 14 points. He has wins against much higher ranked teams and plays everyone tough, they are not an easy win at home or on the road.

This is only the third time in ISU history that the team has gone to a bowl 3 years in a row. There is very little to no football history at the school, and Campbell has certainly turned heads with the direction of the program and some impressive wins over ranked foes.
Thanks Jesse. It looks like they get a lot of transfers too.

#7 Pettway(NFL body) WR caught a crossing route. Came in from Arkansas.

#1 Milton (Fast man) gotta know where he is and put Pride on him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fast man.jpg (96.4 KB, 185 views)

Keep That Fighting Spirit

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz

Resident video nerd and DomerDomain MVP since 2011

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!