Notre Dame Football News And Talk

Notre Dame Football News And Talk (http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/index.php)
-   Open Forum (http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Good comedians (http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54117)

Kelly Gruene 08-02-2019 02:21 AM

Good comedians

I’ve recently become a huge Bill Burr fan.
Anyone have suggestions about other comedians? Where would I find them?

jessemoore97 08-02-2019 05:33 AM

Nick DePaulo and Owen Benjamin.

irishwavend 08-02-2019 01:41 PM

Eddie Izzard, Mitch Hedberg, Cosby surprisingly, Carlin.

ELDER06 08-02-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessemoore97 (Post 723658)
Nick DePaulo and Owen Benjamin.

Owen Benjamin’s stand up isn’t that good. DiPaolo is trying too hard to be the “Conservative” comedian, but I do like his Podcast/YouTube show.

ELDER06 08-02-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene (Post 723657)
I’ve recently become a huge Bill Burr fan.
Anyone have suggestions about other comedians? Where would I find them?

Burr
Jim Norton
Louis CK
Tom Segura

There’s a ton of other guys who aren’t what I consider good stand up acts, but are good on Podcasts.

Kelly Gruene 08-03-2019 03:16 AM

These are great tips.
Other than Louis CK I don’t know any of these guys.

SpeedsterX 08-04-2019 01:11 AM

Jeff Dunham is pretty good for a ventriloquist. Louis CK is by far my favorite.

TexasDomer 08-04-2019 03:14 PM

Ralphie May. Sadly passed away, but the funniest guy I can remember. Saw him live maybe half a dozen times, and a genuinely nice guy.

Has several concert specials out there.

Equal opportunity offender, so not for the kids.

irishwavend 08-04-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasDomer (Post 723695)
Ralphie May. Sadly passed away, but the funniest guy I can remember. Saw him live maybe half a dozen times, and a genuinely nice guy.

Not especially great when you’re meeting the future mother in law for the first time either... Haha. Glad it was my wife who chose him and not me.

ELDER06 08-04-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene (Post 723685)
These are great tips.
Other than Louis CK I don’t know any of these guys.

I’m surprised you’ve never heard of Bill Burr. Unfortunately, most up and coming comedians are SJW hacks (Nannette), so you’ve got to enjoy the guys who are already established.

ELDER06 08-04-2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedsterX (Post 723692)
Jeff Dunham is pretty good for a ventriloquist. Louis CK is by far my favorite.

Glad to see Louis is making a bit of a comeback. He didn’t deserve to be thrown in with the other “Me Too” people who were actual rapists.

DamshaBua 08-04-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELDER06 (Post 723699)
Glad to see Louis is making a bit of a comeback. He didn’t deserve to be thrown in with the other “Me Too” people who were actual rapists.

He deserved to have his career ruined. Saying it was less than rape frames this as otherwise acceptable or only "a little bad." Dude pulled his wang out and masturbated in front of chicks that didn't want to see his wang or watch him ejaculate.

The MT movement has its problems, but Luis CK is not one of them. No, it's not rape. I'll give you that.

I know I said things in a different era that wouldn't or shouldn't fly in today's milieu. So there is my personal contradiction.

Kelly Gruene 08-05-2019 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELDER06 (Post 723698)
I’m surprised you’ve never heard of Bill Burr. Unfortunately, most up and coming comedians are SJW hacks (Nannette), so you’ve got to enjoy the guys who are already established.

No no. At the beginning of the thread I said I’ve become a huge Bill Burr fan. I hadn’t heard of the comedians other people were bringing up, other than Louis CK.
Bill Burr is very funny.
Watched Tom Segura last night. Pretty funny.

Soko 08-06-2019 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELDER06 (Post 723699)

He pulled his **** out and masturbated in front of chicks who were not approving. That's bizarre and definitely way, way over the line.

CanadianIrish 08-06-2019 11:49 AM

John Mulaney. Hands down. Has 3 or 4 specials on Netflix. His bit on the Catholic church is comedy gold. Reminds me of Seinfeld

Tom Segura is decent too, but a step below Mulaney in my opinion.

Jake from State Farm 08-06-2019 05:27 PM

Best Routine of the last 20 years

Jim Jeffries

Soko 08-06-2019 09:29 PM

For good reason!!

Still a funny MF. I'll keep watching but lets not ignore the fact he's actually a weird pervert - it's not an act.

jessemoore97 08-07-2019 01:45 PM

Overall I'd say comics are a different breed of cat, and that's ok. One of my favs is still Norm McDonald. I can't watch a lot of the new stuff out there because many have bent the knee and just won't touch various subject matters anymore for fear of being shouted down or blacklisted, ala Owen Benjamin when he first called out the giving children hormone blockers to become trans as child abuse and wouldn't back down from that position. While that certainly wasn't a comedy bit, it showed a larger problem that has been going on in comedy where comedians won t make fun/discuss taboo subjects.

To me a comedian or jester should not or cannot be limited by political correctness or what is acceptable norms while producing comedy. This is why Norm McDonald was such a master on SNL and his Weekly Updates skit. He routinely broke the audience who initially had unfavorable reactions to his bits about OJ and Michael Jackson, by repeating over and over the absurdity of the crazy news stories surrounding them.

Comedians nowadays really have bent the knee so to speak on a variety of topics they will no longer touch. Some gained widespread acclaim for their comedy with those topics, but now closed the door behind them criticizing anyone who followed their lead. A joke is a joke and people take themselves waayyy too seriously these days and can' t laugh a sh*t anymore without someone being offended. Screw those people, comedy is one of the last bastions of free speech where nothing should be off limits.

jessemoore97 08-07-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasDomer (Post 723695)

Ralphie May was the sh*t! His special at the Apollo was epic! RIP big fella...

DREWGOOSE 08-09-2019 07:42 PM

Ms pat, Bert Kreischer

EddieAngel 08-10-2019 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessemoore97 (Post 723737)
Ralphie May was the sh*t! His special at the Apollo was epic! RIP big fella...

Jon Pinette is very funny, funnier than Ralphie May IMO. Of coruse the Redneck comedy is good for a single spin, maybe two. Aziz Ansari (sp) is pretty good though frought with some recent contreversy, Kathleen Madigan is fun, Tig Notaro, Kevin Nealan.

Those are some that spring to mind from my hours listening to XM comedy. Apologies for the spelling of the names I likely butchered. Hedberg is all time, he is a definite must if you haven't had time to enjoy him (RIP also).

jessemoore97 08-10-2019 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieAngel (Post 723833)
Jon Pinette is very funny, funnier than Ralphie May IMO. Of coruse the Redneck comedy is good for a single spin, maybe two. Aziz Ansari (sp) is pretty good though frought with some recent contreversy, Kathleen Madigan is fun, Tig Notaro, Kevin Nealan.

Those are some that spring to mind from my hours listening to XM comedy. Apologies for the spelling of the names I likely butchered. Hedberg is all time, he is a definite must if you haven't had time to enjoy him (RIP also).

Is Pinette a heavy guy too? Not sure ig I have the right guy, but I think he did the bit about getting kicked out of a Chinese buffet. "You eat so much wonton you weight one ton...." very funny bit imo.

ckp160 08-11-2019 12:09 AM

Hannibal Burress. That dude is brilliant.

stdntDrvr 08-11-2019 04:57 PM

Jim Gaffigan
Tim Minchin

ELDER06 08-27-2019 06:13 PM

Chappelle’s new special is awesome.